Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

External Signal vs Message Center

Level 2

Hello all,

could anyone tell me what's the main reasons to use message center instead of creating a simple workflow with an external signal ?

It's only  about performance ?

Is there any difference in a delivery controled by message center that makes sure that the message will be delivered that works different from a normal delivery from adobe campaign ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Message Center is an application designed for managing trigger messages (invoices, order Confirmations, password changes or website account creations for instance). It is intended to send the transactional message in real time. You need not check for marketing consent before sending the emails or message out as you are not carrying any promotional or marketing emails with MC(most of the time). Creating a workflow to send emails from marketing server is not ideal as this server is not available 24x7, unlike Message center server which is highly available and scalable to deliver your email in real time. If you start sending the email from your marketing server for all transactions, then your marketing server will be slow, and it will impact your IP reputation. So technically you can send the email, but it's not the way to implement it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Message Center is an application designed for managing trigger messages (invoices, order Confirmations, password changes or website account creations for instance). It is intended to send the transactional message in real time. You need not check for marketing consent before sending the emails or message out as you are not carrying any promotional or marketing emails with MC(most of the time). Creating a workflow to send emails from marketing server is not ideal as this server is not available 24x7, unlike Message center server which is highly available and scalable to deliver your email in real time. If you start sending the email from your marketing server for all transactions, then your marketing server will be slow, and it will impact your IP reputation. So technically you can send the email, but it's not the way to implement it.

Level 2

If I want to send a real time marketing content based on certain profile attributes like (say) send special offer for high value customer who showed interest in a premium product in the site. Can I use the external event in combination with real time events? Overall approach I'm looking for is, invoke a workflow that verifies the qualification based on business rules and sends promotional email in real time to customers who qualify. (How) can I use external event activity for this use case?

Thanks