Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

'Email Marketing pressure' limitation feature

Level 4

Hi all,

I am thinking about using in our Adobe Campaign a kind of 'Email Pressure' limitation, in the sense of setting a total maximun number of emails that can be received by an individual contact daily and/or weekly. When that limit is reached, any subsequent delivery would need to be cancelled to that recipient.

The logic to follow seems quite simple, as it looks to me that counting the records in the broadLog on a given period and take a decision based on that looks like a good process, but at the same time I don't think this is feasible for each and every contact when the email is launched as would affect the performance too badly. So I thought about using a simpler approach with flags at recipient schema level, and use Typology rules to look at those flags and take the decision before the email is sent. In this case then the challenge would be how to update those flags as close to real time as possible so they would work with recurring campaigns that run close in time.

So, the question is, do you think a regular workflow (every x minutes) would do the job without overloading the system? Any other method to update those flags upon a delivery is made that I don't know of and you think would work?

Thanks very much in advance

Guillermo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Guillermo,

I don't understand well why the "Constant" value on the Threshold type in the Pressure tab of your typology rule can't manage what you intend to do.
Otherwise, do you have studied the factory possibilities in the Pressure rule definition:

1463959_pastedImage_0.png

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi again,

Is anyone able to give a hand on this?

Thanks

Guillermo

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Guillermo,

I don't understand well why the "Constant" value on the Threshold type in the Pressure tab of your typology rule can't manage what you intend to do.
Otherwise, do you have studied the factory possibilities in the Pressure rule definition:

1463959_pastedImage_0.png

Regards
J-Serge

Level 4

Hi J-Serge, and thanks very much for your reply.

Honestly, it's the first time I see that functionality you have mentioned in Adobe Campaign, that's why I was thinking about developing it. Do you know where can I get more info or documentation about it?

Thanks again

Guillermo

Level 4

Thanks @arouillard44,

I am checking and I can not find anything for Campaign Classic there. Can it be that this is a Campaign Standard only feature? We are currently on Classic V6.

Regards

Guillermo

Level 4

I'll respond to myself. I've seen some documentation related to Classic, and it seems that what happens is that we don't have the Pressure type rule activated on our instance.

I'll check why this is the case and how we can have it enabled.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Guillermo