Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Confused by tenant vs instance vs org id and where to find them

Level 1

I've recently created a new Campaign project and am attempting to work thru the Working With APIs section of the docs, but having a very hard time understanding something that must be fundamental to the process.

From here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/working-with-apis/about-campaign-sta... 

I've downloaded the Postman sample requests file they provide, and found that the requests it contains do not match what is shown in the accompanying instructions. The urls all include a variable as part of the domain, but I cannot figure out what it's supposed to be. The urls look similar to this:

https://mc.adobe.io/<instance name>.adobe.com/campaign/profileAndServicesExt/profile/byEmail?email=test@adobe.com

I've tried replacing <instance name> with all of the options in the Postman env vars file I downloaded from the console, but none work. The error I get every time is "No match in backends for the given tenant id". A search of Google and these Community forums gives conflicting information, such as:

- "it's the first part your login url" (it's not)

- "it's just your instance name but shouldn't include the adobe.com part" (that would be an egregious oversight in their sample requests and I highly doubt it)

- "to retrieve this value, contact your Adobe tech rep" (we don't have one, to my knowledge).

We reached out to tech support and they directed us to the Community forums. *sigh*

But even if one of those solutions are correct, NOPLACE that I can find reveals what my company or projects "instance name" actually is. I can't even really test it if I don't have or don't know the right VALUE. There is nothing related to "instance" in downloadable json file that describes the project, nor the downloadable env vars, nor on the Console. I've tried every value I can think of, uppercase, lowercase, camel case, tEEnAgerz case, you name it. Nothing seems to work.

I can generate a JWT and exchange it for a Bearer token just fine. I know I'm making a successful connection from Postman. I just cannot

figure out how it wants the url formed. Been looking at it for a day and a half, would greatly appreciate any assistance that might shed light on this confusing issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

if you have access to control panel you can find the list of instances for your org. if you click into instance settings you should see the list of instances on the right top. 

Rest of the url looks coorect.

sspatra25_0-1668536159455.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

if you have access to control panel you can find the list of instances for your org. if you click into instance settings you should see the list of instances on the right top. 

Rest of the url looks coorect.

sspatra25_0-1668536159455.png