Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Configuration issue of Facebook in Adobe Campaign

Level 4

Hi,

I was trying to configure Facebook in Adobe Campaign. I have followed the steps mentioned in the link below 

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/SMK_Configuration_Publishing_on_Facebook.html

As mentioned above in documentatiion. I have configured external account of Facebook Routing in Adobe campaign.

APP ID & Application Secret has been entered.   

While selecting add platform on Facebook it doesn't show "Facebook Canvas"  as mentioned in the documentation.

I have attached both the screenshot.

Although, I proceeded with Facebook Web Games, Created APP ID & Secret.

And in Facebook web games URL(https), I entered facebook routing external account's secure canvas URL.

https://xyz.adobesandbox.com/webApp/delegateToFacebookScribe?account=defaultFacebookAccount  (I haven't made any changes to this URL, shall I     make any changes to this URL)

When I clicked on request authorisation from the application in the external account, it says delegation successful. So it should trigger the Sync facebook pages     workflow, it does but facebook doesn't sync with the adobe campaign(Profile & targets -> Facebook).

I am using updated client console tool 8724.

I am logging into the Client console with the user which has Administrator rights.

the documentation link mentioned  above is updated ? 

Please have a look at it.

Regards,

Ketan Pardeshi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ketan,

Indeed it seems to have changed on Facebook's side. I will contact the product team to see if they are aware of that change.

To upgrade your build, you have to ask your technical administrator, who is in charge of the platform and will be able to perform the upgrade. Please update your build as it will surely correct some synchronization issues between the apps and try again with what you described in your first post. At first glance it seems to me that you chose the correct options.

I'll update you when I hear back from the product team to let you know if you should proceed differently.

Thanks,

Florent

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ketan,

Since build 8724, Facebook's API has changed and thus both Campaign product and documentation were updated to match those changes.

You can check the release notes to see that some work was done on that side.

To make it work I see no other option than to upgrade to a more recent build.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ketan,

Indeed it seems to have changed on Facebook's side. I will contact the product team to see if they are aware of that change.

To upgrade your build, you have to ask your technical administrator, who is in charge of the platform and will be able to perform the upgrade. Please update your build as it will surely correct some synchronization issues between the apps and try again with what you described in your first post. At first glance it seems to me that you chose the correct options.

I'll update you when I hear back from the product team to let you know if you should proceed differently.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 4

Hi Florent,

Yeah, please check from product team.

Thanks

Level 10

In the meantime please let me know once you have a more recent build (because with your current build it won't work in any case).

Florent.

Level 4

Hi Florent,

Did you check with the product team regarding this ?

Level 10

Hi Ketang,

I should have an answer during the week. I'll keep you updated as soon as I can. Did you manage to have your build upgraded? (8724 is no longer compatible with Facebook integration).

Florent.

Level 10

Hi Ketang,

Had confirmation from the product team that you should upgrade your build and then open a ticket to support if you still encounter your issue. In the meantime, I'll contact the documentation team to have the instructions updated for the next product release.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 4

Hi Florent,

Thanks for confirming from Product Team.

Yes I tried on 8770 build as well,Still I am facing same issue.

I have raised the ticket, meanwhile can you tell me by when documentation will be updated ?

Thanks,

Ketan 

Level 10

Hi Ketang,

Documentation updates are mostly published at the same time as new product versions are released. We should see an update by this Summer but I will let you know if I get the correct info before that.

Please also let us know if Adobe support resolves your issue.

Florent.