Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can tracking Logs Exist for invalid Email??

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I am facing some issues where tracking logs exists for invalid email address on ACS Platform.

Can anyone help to find out what could be the possible reason behind this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The problem here is not with the domain. I will explain how.

As we know that correct email domain should be "GMAIL.COM", but the thing is these email ids given by you are not incorrect.

Because Domains "GMALI.COM", "GMIL.COM" also exist.

See the screenshot below :

1448517_pastedImage_0.png

If you will LOOKUP for these Domains, they also exist. Even, SMTP is also working for these domains.

It simply means that your intended audience was different (should be with domain 'gmail.com' ) but it got delivered to some one else with the given email id.

And he opened the mail, that's why Tracking Logs are existing.

Please let me know if you still have some doubt.

Regards,

Kapil Sharma

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Please clear what do you mean by Invalid Email.

Because Tracking Logs can only exist if the Email (Delivery) Was Delivered To The Concerned Email Address, and the delivery was opened by recipient.

But, if the email address is invalid, then delivery should not have delivered to the recipient in the first place.

Can you please elaborate the issue ?

Level 2

Hi Kapil,

Tracking logs exists for email ID's with wrong domain name. PFB sample email ID's for which we see tracking logs with type open or Email click exists:

kramana@0545gmail.c0m

sahilali1161@gmali.com

mganesh061977@gmil.com

These emails dont exist but we can see tracking logs for these emails exists in ACS enviroment for one of our client.

Please find below screenshot:

1448464_pastedImage_2.png

Is there any problem with technical workflows which results in this kind of behavior?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The problem here is not with the domain. I will explain how.

As we know that correct email domain should be "GMAIL.COM", but the thing is these email ids given by you are not incorrect.

Because Domains "GMALI.COM", "GMIL.COM" also exist.

See the screenshot below :

1448517_pastedImage_0.png

If you will LOOKUP for these Domains, they also exist. Even, SMTP is also working for these domains.

It simply means that your intended audience was different (should be with domain 'gmail.com' ) but it got delivered to some one else with the given email id.

And he opened the mail, that's why Tracking Logs are existing.

Please let me know if you still have some doubt.

Regards,

Kapil Sharma