Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Problem with multiple instances of a workflow

Level 2

Hello Team,

I have a workflow which would be run by a scheduler every 30 minutes. Some times workflow is taking more than thirty minutes to finish and scheduler is creating a new instance of the workflow when the first instance is still running. When i checked the adobe documentation, i got to know about the option "The current task has priority" option in Advanced tab of scheduler. Even after using the "The current task has priority" option, i saw that multiple instances of workflow are running at the same time and lead to errors.

Is there any way to make sure from scheduler to  start the new execution only if current executing instance of workflow is finished ?

Thanks,

Prakash

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Prakashr,

when you are aware that workflow will take extra time why you placing 30 min scheduler?  It will be easy to give enough time for a workflow to run and set scheduler timing accordingly.

Thanks,

Kapil Kochar

Community Advisor

Hi Prakashr,

you may add an TEST node after scheduler with  instance.vars.running > 0

If True - that branch connect to End node (because your workflow is currently running).

If False - that branch connect with your workflow to start it.

Regards,

Milan

Level 2

The solution works but only if you set the instance.vars.running to true after the test node and reset the variable in the end of the workflow.