Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Log file limits

Level 3

Hi,

From this document

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/PRO_Production_procedures_Log_files.html

I understand that the limits of the log files are 10MB.

If I want to keep records of last 6 months (180days), shall I estimate the amount of daily size of records

and then change the size of log file from instance configuration?

2 Replies

Level 10

I think it depends on your requirement. You could estimate and increase your log size but this may lead to the following issues:

1. If you have a lot of activity and the log file, you might end up having huge log files if you want to keep a whole 180 days
  2. You cannot be sure that you will have the 180 days of logs with 100% certainty.

Perhaps a better approach is to automate the copying of the logs to another destination (lets call it the archive). You could then have more control and certitude that you will keep exactly 180 days of history.

Level 3

Thanks theop76211228,

that is a good point to do. The client wants to keep 180 days of delivery logs.

I wanted to learn if there is a user interface to manipulate to use 180 days of logs, or increase the size of logs let say enough to keep 220 days of data and grab 180 days of it from there.