Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

How to create user profiles in Adobe Campaign via Javascript or through SOAP API ?

Level 1

We have a use case to automate the User Profile creation when the new user is onboarded on the Adobe Campaign ( Classic V7,8984). Currently this process is manual.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello,

If you are talking about the creation of Campaign  operator, you could use the JS bellow :

var operator = NLWS.xtkOperator.create({
 operator : {
  email : 'email@domain.net',
  label : 'auto generated operator'
operatorGroup : {
group : {
type : 2
name : 'local'
}
} } }; operator.save();
NLWS.xtkOperator.ResetPassword( operator.name, 'newPassword') //of course fill a strong and random password here
logInfo('New Operator created : ' + operator.name )

The operatorGroup is added because at least 1 right is needed to connect to Campaign. But you can change and configure what you need (and add other rights, but using Array [] instead of simple object {})

Cedric

Level 5

Hi @CedricRey 

Thanks for sharing this code to create a user using javascript!

But, in my case I've had a error like this: 

10/02/2023 11:59:04 AM js Method 'resetPassword' unknown in schema 'xtk:operator'.

Do you know the cause of this error?

Regards

Community Advisor

Hi @acc_acs,

you seem using resetPassword instead of ResetPassword. As EcmaSrcipt is case sensitive, can you try with ResetPassword (with capital R) please ?

Cedric 

Level 5

Hi @CedricRey ,

Yes, now it works without errors. Thanks!

But, the log tells me that the user was created, but I can't find it.
"10/02/2023 12:26:32 PM js New Operator created : arhtLOGIN219"
I go to the folder, search, filter, but I can't find the User that was supposedly created.
/Administration/Access Management/Operators/

Is there any other place where I can find this user? Or is it hidden? Because the script does not occur errors and says that it created the user successfully. But I can't find it in the operators folder.

acc_acs_0-1696251449716.png

Regards