Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Help using Subworkflows - Duplication of child workflow

Level 2

I'm starting to learn the ins and outs of subworkflows and i'm confused as to why each time i run the master workflow it creates a copy of child (subworkflow) in my workflows folder.  This is creating a ton of clutter for a workflow that needs to run daily or weekly.  Can someone explain to me the function of this copy?  Is there a way to stop this from happening so i only have the single child workflow that is being referenced?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, Can you please explain more about error.

Level 5

Hi,

the duplicates of subworkflows are only visible in the folder of the subworkflow template if there is an error in the execution of the subworkflow.

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 2

Ah, okay. thank you.  If i delete the copy workflows and then rerun the master workflow to completion (assuming the child completes successfully) i should only see the single workflow.  Is that correct?  It appears that my original child workflow has a status of failed even though i know it has run successfully in the past.  Do i need to restart the child workflow to get this to clear?

thank you.

Level 5

Hi,

you don't need to stop the first sub-workflow, if you intend on examining later on the temp:table of the failed activity. If you rerun your master workflow it will do so independently from your first failed sub-workflow.

Kind regards,
Pierre

Level 2

Ah, ok.  I think i understand.  So it will create a copy of the subworkflow for any failed attempts but as long as the attempts are successful it will continue using the first successful version.  is that right?

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes that's correct. Sub-workflow will never be visible if there is no error !