Highlighted

Display Adobe campaign marketing History in Dynamics CRM

Avatar

Avatar

anjalis9208738

Avatar

anjalis9208738

anjalis9208738

20-02-2018

Hi,

Can some one please help.

Goal- Display Adobe Campaign marketing history in Dynamics CRM.

Initial Steps-

1) Created contact in Dynamics 365.

2) Imported contact using CRM connector in Adobe Campaign

1424144_pastedImage_0.png

1424145_pastedImage_1.png

3) Sent an email to the above contact in Adobe campaign.

4) In CRM Dynamics Contact record, I want to Show the same below summary from Adobe Campaign

1424146_pastedImage_2.png

5) I added an iframe in CRM contact form editor. Where URL=https://ac366ap.adobesandbox.com/crm/marketingHistory.jssp?object=Contact&crm=EXT51

1424147_pastedImage_3.png

6) After saving and Publishing, I am getting below error-

1424148_pastedImage_4.png

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Replies

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

shivak41694392

Avatar

shivak41694392

shivak41694392

25-02-2018

Hi ,

How did you go with the integration with CRM.

We are planning to do this integration and wanted to know how the template sharing works.

thanks

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

florentlb

Total Posts

1.1K

Likes

235

Correct Answer

239

Avatar

florentlb

Total Posts

1.1K

Likes

235

Correct Answer

239
florentlb

13-03-2018

Hi,

So in your use case you are trying to display Campaign information directly in Dynamics, without having all the info in Dynamics? I'm not sure it's very clear to me.

Thanks,

Florent

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

florentlb

Total Posts

1.1K

Likes

235

Correct Answer

239

Avatar

florentlb

Total Posts

1.1K

Likes

235

Correct Answer

239
florentlb

04-04-2018

Hi,

Any update on this?

Florent

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

glvarrichio

Avatar

glvarrichio

glvarrichio

04-01-2019

Hi,

Were you able to address the issue and make it happen?

Please comment how you did it please, we are having the same issue from our side.

Regards

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

wodnicki

MVP

Avatar

wodnicki

MVP

wodnicki
MVP

04-01-2019

Hi,

Alter the marketingHistory.jssp to use the CRM's key in its queries.

You should also be adding a layer of security here, via IP whitelisting, HTTP auth, or authenticating in jssp against user id param (and sync'ing user table).

Thanks,

-Jon

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

glvarrichio

Avatar

glvarrichio

glvarrichio

04-01-2019

Hi Jon,

All IPs were whitelisted, config were done like the description of the initial question in this forum and here is what I came up with:

"Error while querying the database"

No other message is displayed so I dont know if it is the leadid, remoteID, or anything else that is causing the issue.

Any Ideas Jon?

Regards

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

wodnicki

MVP

Avatar

wodnicki

MVP

wodnicki
MVP

04-01-2019

You can find the code in crm:marketingHistoryCommon.js, function LogContext.prototype.getSpecificData.

The relevant section is this first block, which looks up the recipient id:

  // It is a contact requested by its Neolane recipient Id, assert its existence

  if( this.m_iRecipientId )

  {

    var xmlQuery =

      <queryDef schema="nms:recipient" operation="select">

        <select>

          <node expr="[@id]" alias="[@recipientId]"/>

          <node expr="[@crmInstance-id]" alias="[@crmInstanceId]"/>

          <node expr="[@id]"/>

        </select>

        <where>

          <condition expr={"[@id] = " + this.m_iRecipientId}/>

        </where>

      </queryDef>;

  }

Change this block to look up the recipient by the crm's id, the remaining blocks can be discarded (lines 979-1065).

Much of the code here is for the deprecated Leads module, with this page being repurposed for non-Leads use.

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

varrichio

Avatar

varrichio

varrichio

05-01-2019

Great, I found it, thank you....

It is saying it cannot be modified? Any trick?

"This is an application built-in object. It cannot be modified"

Should I create another one with the same name with the modifications or is there any trick to allow me to change the code?

I have full admin access to the instance

Sorry for for all these questions.....

thanks in advance

Highlighted

Avatar

Avatar

varrichio

Avatar

varrichio

varrichio

05-01-2019

I duplicated and changed the name and namespace of the js and jssp:

MyNameSpace:marketingHistoryV2.jssp

MyNameSpace:marketingHistoryCommonV2.js

and changed the where condition to <condition expr={"[@id] = " + this.m_sCtm_leadid}/>

Please let me know if I´m on the right path.

Thank you

// It is a contact requested by its Neolane recipient Id, assert its existence

  if( this.m_iRecipientId )

  {

    var xmlQuery =

      <queryDef schema="nms:recipient" operation="select">

        <select>

          <node expr="[@id]" alias="[@recipientId]"/>

          <node expr="[@crmInstance-id]" alias="[@crmInstanceId]"/>

          <node expr="[@id]"/>

        </select>

        <where>

          <condition expr={"[@id] = " + this.m_sCtm_leadid}/>

        </where>

      </queryDef>;

  }