Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕ [Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] June 23rd, 8am PT: Arthur Lacroix, Sr Product Marketing Manager & Michael Henry, Sr Business Consultant☕

Administrator

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 @ 8am PT

We'll be joined by Arthur Lacroix aka @ArthurLacroix , Senior Product Marketing Manager & Michael Henry aka @mihenrySenior Business Consultant for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to their areas of expertise: 

• Upgrades on Adobe Campaign Classic v7
  • Best practices around using Adobe Campaign Classic v7
  • Considerations for moving to the Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud
  • Services/expectations for Managed Cloud, as well as different packages
  • Upgrade to Campaign v8 (considerations and expectations for upgrading to V8)

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  • Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin typing your Question by tagging @mihenry and/or @ArthurLacroix 

Capture.PNGMichael has over 11 years of experience with the Campaign platform concentrating on the business needs of the users and translating those into technical solutions.  Michael uses his expertise to help new customers implement Campaign and existing customers to get the most value from the tool.

arthur.jpgArthur Lacroix is a digital marketing and omni-channel campaign management expert. At Adobe, he is responsible for Adobe Campaign go-to-market strategy, the best-in-class cross-channel orchestration engine. He is focusing on helping enterprise to move to the cloud to improve the performance, automation, agility, security and cost of the application. Expert on data, he is addressing how to use it to orchestrate and deliver meaningful experiences throughout the customer journey.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

20 Replies

Level 2

Could you share an overview about:

• Upgrades on Adobe Campaign Classic v7
  • Best practices around using Adobe Campaign Classic v7
  • Considerations for moving to the Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud
  • Services/expectations for Managed Cloud, as well as different packages
  • Upgrade to Campaign v8 (considerations and expectations for upgrading to V8)

Employee

Hi abirwadhwa,

I can share some information to you on the first topic, Upgrades on Adobe Campaign Classic v7.  Adobe has been working over the last several months to upgrade all of our Campaign Classic customers to the latest v7.x version of the platform.  Our goal is to get our customers on the latest, most stable and secure version of the platform.  Moving forward Adobe's goal is to have our Campaign customers on track to perform yearly upgrades  to stay on top of the latest features, functionality, security enhancements, etc.  This will also allow us at Adobe to better support our customers and provide a more streamlined approach to future upgrades and continued product improvements.

Employee

On your second topic of Best Practices, is there an area within Campaign that you are looking to gain more information?  As Campaign is a robust tool there are several areas of best practices that can be addressed, narrowing down your questions will help us to provide you with the best guidance.

Employee

Re: v8 considerations and expectations

Right now, speed and scale:

• Execution at scale: Progressive enrichment and high-speed segmentation
  • Additional TB of storage FDA connection to a snowflake account
  • Delivery preparation: 50x Faster
  • Throughput increase for batch and transactional

In the roadmap, we are working on new persona-based web UI with a focus on day-to-day marketing activities. A unified experience across Adobe products with a single & shared user session. Drag and drop email design & journey canvas for workflow design, audience creation, enrichment and more..

Employee

Additionally, moving to Managed Cloud Services is the path to v8. If you are already v7 hosted, our Adobe Managed Cloud Services experts will help upgrading you to v8

Employee

Welcome to coffee break everyone! Thanks for joining us today. Please ask us any questions  

Level 2

Hi @ArthurLacroix can we get to know who all our email has been forwarded to. The estimated count of forwards is mostly inaccurate.

Employee

Hi! Forwards are hard to track. We would need to look at your platform to find a solution to find more accurate data. Managed Cloud Services team, our new offering, would be able to help on these type of requests. 

Level 2

Hi, 

Can you please share some details as to what exactly is Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Services?

Thanks!

Employee

Hi! Absolutely, from best practices to specific KPIs to tech services, Campaign Managed Cloud Services gives you a team of experts to help you optimize your cross-channel campaigns and a cloud-based infrastructure that ensures agility in changing times and extensibility into the future of marketing. You can visit our website for additional information https://business.adobe.com/products/campaign/managed-services.html 

Level 2

So, which all customers are eligible for migration to Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Services? Is there any criteria for that?

Employee

Every AC existing customer are eligible. If you are on-premise or hybrid we will migrate you to our cloud. If you are already in the cloud with us you will get direct access to all our Managed Cloud Services right away. No downtime!

Level 2

@mihenry @ArthurLacroix 

Good morning and thank you for hosting this!

I am particularly interested in leveraging content blocks for dynamically automating the sender Name, Address, and reply-to email based on a data associated with the profile. 

E.g. 

The recipient, John Doe, has an account that is serviced by the company associate, Sarah Johnson...while another recipient, Jack Smith, has an account that is serviced by the company associate, Christopher Robin...

Each recipient has a custom fields (cusCompanyRepresentative) that captures this company associates name. 

How could I leverage content blocks to read this custom field and adjust the sender name, address, and reply-to email based on who the recipients company associate? 

Employee

Hi @cdermody ,

From a best practices and deliverability standpoint you will not want to adjust the sender email address coming from Campaign as you need to be sending on a consist address which has been associated to the IP's assigned to Campaign and warmed for the sending.  There is more flexibility in the sender name and certainly with the reply-to address.

A content block can be used within the body of the email to include the Company Associate name, email address, and other information.  Depending on your data model you may need to join from the recipient schema over to the schema where you store that information, you indicate you have the associates name on the recipient if the other information is also present it can just be used and pulled into the target data as other fields from the recipient, it would look similar to this:

<%= recipient.cusCompanyRespresentative %>

Here is a good help article on personalization blocks https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/personalizing-delive...

We also have this video tutorial on dynamic content blocks: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic-learn/tutorials/sending-messages/email-chan...

Level 2

@mihenry Thanks for the insight! I failed to mention I'm in ACS not ACC so apologies for that. 

Here is a link to my previous submission detailing this scenario: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/using-branding-configuratio...

I'm not trying to change the domain the email is coming from, but rather modify the prefix of the sender address so that if the recipients "company rep" is known, that the email appears to come from them. Even if this is just the sender name and reply-to address being dynamically adjusted based on profile data schema, that would be a step forward. 

Is there any ACS documentation that helps overview how to build content blocks from scratch, how they work and use cases about them? 

Employee

@cdermody 

Within ACS you have the ability to create the Content block that can contain the Associate Name.  This is the documentation on creating a content block in ACS: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic-learn/tutorials/sending-messages/email-chan...

Then within the email delivery you can edit the From (name) field

mihenry_1-1655999840139.png

and insert your content block:

mihenry_0-1655999817914.png

I hope this helps to set you on the path achieve your use case.

Level 2

@mihenry Thank you for confirming the approach offers some value. 

Is there anything more current or ACS specific that overview how to write content blocks? I've been told they're mainly Javascript but there seems to be some HTML, some HTML URL Encoding....

Anything that helps me learn HOW to build these would be greatly appreciated. 

Level 2

@mihenry  Just following up on whether or not any documentation exist on HOW to build out content blocks to be able to execute this use case. 

Or anything that can help me get up to speed on accessing content paths, file paths, etc.would be of great help.

e.g.  <%= recipient.cusCompanyRespresentative %>

I see it's <%=recipient.{field id}%> but I've not yet found any documentation that breaks down how the recipient prefix differs from profile or what other resources can be accessed in this manner. 

Employee

@cdermody have you reviewed this documentation on the creation of Content Blocks in ACS https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/designing-content/personalization.ht...

This explains how you will create the new Content block.  What you put into the Content block is pretty much the same as what you would put directly into the Delivery when building it out.  Think of the Content Block just as reusable code.  It might be easier to build a test delivery and write the code you want to be able to use for the From (name) and test that it works.  Once you have that all figured out then create a new Content Block and use the code you have figured out from your test delivery as the content.

Hope this helps!

-Michael

Administrator

Thanks a lot @mihenry and @ArthurLacroix  for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful for all the Campaign Community users. 

Sukrity Wadhwa