Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Adding a Personalization Fields

christopherp496
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to add a personalization block for a first name field that is not directly in the recipient schema.

In fact the first name I want to capture is in a one to many table (event registration) linked back to the recipient table.  When using this ternary javascript statement it is I am just seeing a undefined value in the email I receive (the below block of code is in a try block).  This should check if that first name in the registration exists, and if not, use the recipient first name.

The one pecular thing I am noticing is that the '_1toM' gets added when trying to include this variable from the email template.  Is it possible to grab a value from a one to many table? 

var displayData {};

displayData.firstName = (recipient.EventResponses_1toM.responseName.rspFirstNm; != "") ? recipient.EventResponses_1toM.responseName.rspFirstNm; : recipient.firstName;

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply
AbdulZa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I believe that you can set audience level in the first query activity node to Event Registration table and pass the first/last names. Later in the workflow, you can change the audience level to recipient table and that will keep the first/last names columns and make them available to the delivery. Limiting the query to new registration events (assuming this is a recurring campaign) and using the dedup activity node (if needed) can help you ensuring a person gets one communication if he/she registered multiple times in a given period.

This approach did work for me in the past.