Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Services and Subscription confirmation email not sending when record is added via Javascript

Level 1

Hi there,

Wondered if you might be able to help? We have the below bit of JS that is supposed to add a record to the Recipient table, save it, extract the id, then in turn add the record to a Subscription list within Adobe Campaign Classic. The code works as expected, however for whatever reason, no Confirmation (Subscribed) email is being triggered and sent out. We have attached a 'Subscribed' email template (with Target Mapping set to nms:subscription ) however no email is still being sent. If however, we manually add an entry into the Subscription list, the email is sent to the recipients email address. Is there possibly some additional value we need to add to confirm that we would like to trigger the Confirmation email message to send?

Below is the current code:

// create a new recipient with the specified email address
    var newRecipient = nms.recipient.create('<recipient xtkschema="nms:recipient" email="' + email + '" firstName="' + firstName + '" lastName="' + lastName + '" text1="' + text1 + '" text2="' + text2 + '" text3="' + text3 + '" folder-id="' + iRecipientFolderId + '" />');
    newRecipient.save();

iRecipientId = newRecipient.id;

//subscribe to service
    var iServiceId = sqlGetInt("SELECT iServiceId From NmsService WHERE sName = 'NameOfService'");
    xtk.session.Write(<subscription _operation="insert" recipient-id={iRecipientId}
      service-id={iServiceId}
      xtkschema="nms:subscription" />);

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AquaticAds 

Replace your subscription logic with this one and try if this works

nms.subscription.Subscribe("INTERNAL_NAME_OF SERVICE", RECIPIENT_OBJECT, false)

If this does not work then you will have to use the sendConfirmation method

Thanks,

Manoj 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AquaticAds 

Replace your subscription logic with this one and try if this works

nms.subscription.Subscribe("INTERNAL_NAME_OF SERVICE", RECIPIENT_OBJECT, false)

If this does not work then you will have to use the sendConfirmation method

Thanks,

Manoj 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Thanks Manoj, I used the following JS and that did the trick:

var recipient = {recipient: {"_key": "email", "email": email, "recipient-id":iRecipientId, "service-id":iServiceId}} 
nms.subscription.Subscribe("name_of_service", recipient, false)

Thanks for your help,
Adam

Level 1

Hi @AquaticAds ,

I have a similar requirement and hope you can help.

I have created a webapp with type subscription and after Subscription page using the JS code you have shared in your post but still not getting any email upon subscription.

Could you please share the steps you followed ?

Thanks.