Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending SMS messages using MessageCenter

Level 5

I am trying to send SMS using message Center Via SOAP (Rt Event). I get successful return but is not delivering ( I see delivery Error but dont have access to the Rt instance for the logs).  Below is the XML that goes to the Message center via Soap. any idea what is going on?

<rtEvent mobilePhone="+13135555555" email="" type="smsMobile" wishedChannel="MOBILE (SMS)" externalId="123Mobile">

<ctx>test</ctx>

</rtEvent>

Result code: 72057594080534939

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

SMS
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

The code that I had in place was correct.  The issue was with RT Configutaion for SMS

This code works fine and I am able to send Via Soap or using Javascript Dunamic pages (JS API)

<rtEvent mobilePhone="+13135555555" email="" type="smsMobile" wishedChannel="MOBILE (SMS)" externalId="123Mobile">

<ctx>test</ctx>

</rtEvent>

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The wishedChannel attribute should be "1" and externalId should be the recipient's ID (for log reconciliation).

The 'successful' return is only acknowledging success of the call itself.

Thanks,

-Jon

thanks John, I am still getting the same "Delivery Error".

I am good with with this. The issue was with Configuration setting on RT center. my code was fine

Correct answer by
Level 5

The code that I had in place was correct.  The issue was with RT Configutaion for SMS

This code works fine and I am able to send Via Soap or using Javascript Dunamic pages (JS API)

<ctx>test</ctx>

</rtEvent>

Level 4

Hi @vendimb15716755 , @Jonathon_wodnicki 

How do we configure external account for SMS? we already have an External Account for SMS SMPP connector that is able to send bulk SMS from campaign workflow, but while creating the transactional SMS template the SMPP connector is not appearing in the external account in the delivery properties. Should we create MID sourcing external account for SMS? if so how do we do that. please do help us on the same, thank s in Advance.

Thanks,

Shine v.v

Level 4

Hi @vendimb15716755 ,

How have you created external account for SMS Routing, we have an SMS SMPP  external account, not sure how to make use of it as MID sourcing External account for transactional message center. Please let us know your thoughts, Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Shine v.v

cc: @Jonathon_wodnicki