Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending an Audience from one Workflow to another Workflow then back to the Original Workflow

Level 2

Hello All,

Hopefully the subject line is not too confusing, but I'm looking for any advice to accomplish this within Campaign v7.  The situation is that I am building a recurring WF for a Marketing campaign, after a emails and filters we are checking to see if the recipients have made a purchase. If no they continue in the Original WF, but if they have made a purchase Marketing wants to send them to a 2nd WF.  To NOTE the 2nd WF has been built and running for years, but the issue is once they run through WF #2 we want to bring them back into the original WF.

Here is where I'm at:

- Original recurring WF has been built

- Tried using the Sub WF Activity

- I would run the Original WF, it would properly send the desired recipients to the Sub WF, but when the recipients finish the Sub WF they would not go back to Original WF.  (using Jump Activities, #'d correctly, am I setting it up correctly?  Will the Sub WF actually send those recipients back to the Original WF?)

- I also don't like that the Sub WF always creates a copy of the created Sub WF.  From what I've read that is always the case.

- I've been researching about the External Signal Activity, when combined with a JavaScript Activity, would this actually work?  I haven't tested nor found a solid answer on if this may work for my desired results.

- I could always use a data export/import but the whole point of creating this as a recurring WF is to have it automated and monitor.

Are there any other methods I could look into that I'm missing?  I do appreciate any and all thoughts on this, feel free to let me know if I need more clarification on what is going on.

Thanks Adobe CC Community,

Shaun

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @shaunhill 

Here is what you do.

In your master workflow, create a list of the records and pass the list name to the second wF to process it.

Javascript to call second WF:

xtk.workflow.PostEvent("INTERNAL_NAME_OF_SECOND_WF", "signal", "", <variables listName= {vars.listName} />, false);

Then, use this list name in the second WF to query the recipients coming from the master workflow and perform your operation. Now, depending on the output from the second WF, you can again pass the same list name to the master workflow with the same javascript code.

Note: You will have to add external signal activity to both master and child WF.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @shaunhill 

Here is what you do.

In your master workflow, create a list of the records and pass the list name to the second wF to process it.

Javascript to call second WF:

xtk.workflow.PostEvent("INTERNAL_NAME_OF_SECOND_WF", "signal", "", <variables listName= {vars.listName} />, false);

Then, use this list name in the second WF to query the recipients coming from the master workflow and perform your operation. Now, depending on the output from the second WF, you can again pass the same list name to the master workflow with the same javascript code.

Note: You will have to add external signal activity to both master and child WF.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thank you for your reply, I will test this method this week and reach out if I have any other questions or issues.  Will this list be stored anywhere, or is it just a single instance and the next time the WF runs it will be replaced with the new list?

Appreciate the assistance in working out my issues.

Shaun

Level 2

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

I will mark this as a correct reply as this did accomplish what I was looking to build.

Thanks again,

Shaun