Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Regarding Newsletter Unsubscription

Employee

Hi, This is my requirement

In the newsletter mails, we need to give users the option to opt-out of the newsletter mails while not being blacklisted. Create a web app to do this and create a personalization block to add the URL to the newsletter delivery

I have created a web application , a Delivery template, and a personalization block for this and running a campaign in which I have inserted a web application unsubscription link. Subscribed recipient is getting mail after running a campaign 

Mrityunjay_0-1655917734639.png

and after clicking on the unsubscription link it redirects to

Mrityunjay_1-1655917794780.png

and after checking the checkbox and clicking the unsubscribe button I am getting this error

Mrityunjay_2-1655917861732.png

Can anybody help me with this, also please let me know how to check if the recipient has been unsubscribed. Immediate help will be highly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mrityunjay 

There are multiple ways you can do it

1. Add multiple columns to the recipient table for each type of newsletter and keep the flags true or false depending on their current opt-in status.

2. Create multiple sucbription services for each type of newsletter and then subscribe/un-subscribe from them depending on user action.

My suggestion would be to go with option 2 where you will have history available for each action and you will need some js knowledge to subscribe and unsubscribe from the service depending on what checkbox is selected on the web app.

Here is example of how to use the code:

Subscribe (adobe.com)

Unsubscribe (adobe.com)

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mrityunjay 

There are multiple ways you can do it

1. Add multiple columns to the recipient table for each type of newsletter and keep the flags true or false depending on their current opt-in status.

2. Create multiple sucbription services for each type of newsletter and then subscribe/un-subscribe from them depending on user action.

My suggestion would be to go with option 2 where you will have history available for each action and you will need some js knowledge to subscribe and unsubscribe from the service depending on what checkbox is selected on the web app.

Here is example of how to use the code:

Subscribe (adobe.com)

Unsubscribe (adobe.com)

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn