Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Questions related to Adobe MC

Level 2

Currently, we are using Adobe Messaging Center to send event emails(Campaign purpose).

We have a plan to use Adobe Campaign to send the emails for other needs and have some questions on it.

1) is it possible to add attachments (dynamic) to the transnational email?
2) is it allow to send a regular email (dynamic Subject, body, from and to)

3)What is the difference between rtEvent(reatTimeQueue) and batchEvent(batchQueue)? How it will work internally?

4)What will happen if we pass the wrong ctx elements to the MC API's?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi 

Yes,  you need to upload the attachments on a sftp that url is accessible publicly

Yes, but there are some limitations. You need to pass them through variables in your payload e.g ctx.rtEvent.SubjectLine.

For the from address it needs to be an authorized address on deliverability side

Thanks

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi 

Yes,  you need to upload the attachments on a sftp that url is accessible publicly

Yes, but there are some limitations. You need to pass them through variables in your payload e.g ctx.rtEvent.SubjectLine.

For the from address it needs to be an authorized address on deliverability side

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Level 2
Trying to access the Adobe MC RT instance To get rtEvents schema , and it is redirecting to login page. I have provided the MC credentials , throwing invalid user account details message. Is it possible to access the wsdl schema through my local host?

Level 3

Hi @bsudabathula ,
If I have understood correctly. You want to generate WSDL of a schema for the localhost instance.  Kindly use the following link to do so

http://localhost:8080/nl/jsp/schemawsdl.jsp?schema=nms:rtEvent

Regards,

Dhanesh

Level 2

Hi @dhanesh04s , I am trying to connect Adobe MC RT2 instance to get the session token through Soap Ui, which is throwing invalid credentials. I got the RT2 MC Credentials from the adobe support team .

Community Advisor

you should use <MC instance URL>/nl/jsp/schemawsdl.jsp?schema=nms:rtEvent

David Kangni

Level 2

@DavidKangni , I am using this url <MC instance URL>/nl/jsp/schemawsdl.jsp?schema=nms:rtEvent which is redirecting to the login page. I hae provided my MC credentials here which is throwing Invalid User details.

Note: Adobe Support team shared  MC credentails with me.

Community Advisor
Can you test the connection from the external account folder in ACC?

David Kangni

Community Advisor

Hello,

1. yes but the extensions have to be whitelisted on all instances

2. yes we do it for some campaigns.. you can do it either by one value for all recipient (adding delivery variables.. its here on forum how to do them Solved: How to insert a VARS inside a delivery template - Experience League Community - 269157). or you can do it different values for each record these has to be added to the inbound data of delivery

Level 5

First of all your Question is a little confusing. Are you using message center to sending campaign purpose email or Transactional emails?

yes,

yes you need to pass everything Via ctx. you need to use RtEvent Schema and there are some required parameters.

<rtEvent email="xx@adobe.com" type="smsDel" wishedChannel="0" externalId="Testing" origin="txt">

<ctx>

<scheduledDate>4/22</scheduledDate>

</ctx>

</rtEvent>

Level 2
I am using MC instances to send transnational email not the campaign.

Level 5
you can put the subject and the body on the ctx variable and pass it via SOAP API. In the template you just put the variables and the values will be filled via API .