Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Possible issue in New Message Center Archiving Workflow Adobe Campaign Classic

Community Advisor

Starting build 8653, a new mode allows users to run one workflow per execution instance, you can refer to the switch document on the following link Switch to Message Center Archive Workflows

I have deployed a couple of ACC 7.0 18.6 sandboxes on my AWS environment and have found that with each one of them the new message center archiving workflow fails at the end of the the work, spefically the "End" activity, it also fails on new upgraded environments where this new archiving workflow has been made accessible.

06/02/2019 10:30:36 end SCR-160012 JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'mcSynch_local/end'.

06/02/2019 10:30:36 end JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'mcSynch_local/end' line 2: vars.dateCurrentStart.getTime is not a function.

1685478_pastedImage_1.png

Has anyone come across this issue as well, if so how did you fix it? I have spent some time fixing the OOTB workflow and introduced a bit of custom code to get around the problem.

Original code

setOption('MC_LastQuarantinesSynch_' + vars.cellId, new Date(vars.dateCurrentStart.getTime()));

var sg = new StringGroup("nms:messageCenter");

logInfo(sg.synchDone());

instance.vars.running = false;

My Custom Code

//start fix David Garcia

vars.dateCurrentStart = "";

var optionName = "MC_LastQuarantinesSynch_" + vars.cellId;

var option = getOption(optionName, false);

if( option ) {

vars.dateCurrentStart = option;

//debug logInfo("option "+option);

} else {

vars.dateCurrentStart = vars.NOW;

}

//end

setOption('MC_LastQuarantinesSynch_' + vars.cellId, new Date(vars.dateCurrentStart.getTime()));

var sg = new StringGroup("nms:messageCenter");

logInfo(sg.synchDone());

instance.vars.running = false;

The issue is that the vars.dateCurrentStart variable which needs defining.

Has anyone come across the same issue? is this something Adobe needs looking into? can you guys replicate it.

Adhiyan

Amit_Kumar

florentlb

Jean-Serge Biron

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I see Local is an exception there as everything else should be a number.

Can you check what is the value for option "NmsExecutionInstanceId", "MC_LastEventsRtSynch_%" and "MC_LastEventsBatchSynch_%"?

if any of these values are missing then you have to fix it.

in your case, "NmsExecutionInstanceId" should be set to 1

"MC_LastEventsRtSynch_%" and "MC_LastEventsBatchSynch_%" should be set to a valid date time. something in past.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

David,

I have used this workflow for a couple of clients but never faced this problem.

the way you have explained it here it seems you are missing some correct options in your configurations.

step 1: Validate the workflow properties, check do you have a correct extAccountId?

1687319_pastedImage_1.png

step 2: check if you have all required MC_% type option highlighted below.

1687264_pastedImage_0.png

step 3: remove your custom code and check the advanced tab for js code

1687320_pastedImage_2.png

1687321_pastedImage_3.png

the similar code should be available for all "Archiving finished?" jstest activities.

Regards,

Amit

Community Advisor

Thanks Amit,

If you have an instance which is both control and execution and deploy the new archiving workflow from within the deployment wizard as explained in the installation document it will create a mcSync_local archiving workflow with the extAccountId of local

1687631_pastedImage_0.png1687632_pastedImage_1.png

However, if you create the archiving workflow from withing the external account execution instance it will create the archiving workflow and append the extAccountId by default.

1687633_pastedImage_2.png

I tested both archiving workflow and only the mcSync_local fails.

So what determines a instance that is both control and execution? is it a single instance running all services (Standalone Deployment) with a message centre deployed locally? or even a Standard deployment would have the control and execution for message centre.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I see Local is an exception there as everything else should be a number.

Can you check what is the value for option "NmsExecutionInstanceId", "MC_LastEventsRtSynch_%" and "MC_LastEventsBatchSynch_%"?

if any of these values are missing then you have to fix it.

in your case, "NmsExecutionInstanceId" should be set to 1

"MC_LastEventsRtSynch_%" and "MC_LastEventsBatchSynch_%" should be set to a valid date time. something in past.