Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Length of HTML source code

Level 1

Hello Community,

Super user of Adobe Campaign v7, I would like to know if there is a limit in the number of characters of an html source code compared to the opening tag of the email. We have several contents that are perhaps too long and are truncated. One of our web agencies tells us that the opening tag of the email is 63,000 characters. Does anyone have any info about this limit?
Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @VirginieCRMTeam 

This is the image pixel added by Adobe Campaign to track the opens. Generally, this pixel is added at the end of the code.

But if your email is too lengthy, almost all email clients will truncate the email and That is why Adobe is adding the tracking pixel after 63K characters.

Let me know if that helps.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @VirginieCRMTeam 

What do you mean by the opening tag of the email? It will be be great if you can share the screenshot of the tag you are referring to.

If you are talking about a total limit of 63,000 characters then it shouldn't be a problem. Currently, we are using more than 150,000 characters in the email and it works without any problem.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Thank you Manoj_Kumar for your response!

This is the opening tracking pictogram:

VirginieCRMTeam_0-1658235135047.png

Lien vers l'image 1x1 : http://t.communication.pierre-fabre.com/r/?id=h3c3b6df,3c9687fd,1

It seems that its insertion is done at the level of 63K characters in the source code.

If not, what could cause a truncation of the email if there is no defined limit?

Many thanks.

Virginie.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @VirginieCRMTeam 

This is the image pixel added by Adobe Campaign to track the opens. Generally, this pixel is added at the end of the code.

But if your email is too lengthy, almost all email clients will truncate the email and That is why Adobe is adding the tracking pixel after 63K characters.

Let me know if that helps.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Employee Advisor

Hello @VirginieCRMTeam 
The feature (short/limited view of email body [message clipped] and later have an option to expand) is from mail client. 
My thoughts as a work around,
Add the pixel right-after the start of email body and not towards the end.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much @Kishore_Padamata!

Adding the opening pixel is automatic when sending a campaign.

Do I have the option to change the settings so that the opening pixel is inserted at the beginning of the code?

Best regards.