Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Is it possible to include a "seed" mention in delivery

Level 1

Hello all, 

I'm writing you to see if it's possible to include a seed mention, when sending the campaign to the seed. 

For instance: [Seed] Subject line

In order for the people included in the seed list to know that they were included as a seed upon receiving the message. 

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Best

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AM18 ,

Ideally, Seed address should receive the exact same content which the target recipients are getting. I am assuming you want to easily identify the seed vs the actual email.

You can prefix the seed by this code in your subject line

<% if(recipient.folder.name=='nmsRootRecipient'){
}else{
%>
[Seed]
<%
}
%> 
Here goes the subject line

This is just a sample code. You may want to change it depending on your requirements

Right now this code will add SEED as a prefix to proofs as well. But you can remove that by adding additional else if condition.

Thanks,

Manoj 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

The meaning of seed is to send exactly same creative which is sent to real recipients. Can you explain more what is the requirement?

Thanks,

Level 1

Hello @Manoj_Kumar_,

We want for the people who receive the seed to have a mention "Seed" in the subject line. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AM18 ,

Ideally, Seed address should receive the exact same content which the target recipients are getting. I am assuming you want to easily identify the seed vs the actual email.

You can prefix the seed by this code in your subject line

<% if(recipient.folder.name=='nmsRootRecipient'){
}else{
%>
[Seed]
<%
}
%> 
Here goes the subject line

This is just a sample code. You may want to change it depending on your requirements

Right now this code will add SEED as a prefix to proofs as well. But you can remove that by adding additional else if condition.

Thanks,

Manoj 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1
Hello @Manoj_Kumar_, Thank you so much for your answer, we will try to put in place. Best

Community Advisor

Hi @AM18 ,

As @Manoj_Kumar_ mentioned, if else statement will help you to achieve your requirement.

To get [SEED] only for seed addresses you can follow this trick. When creating a Seed address, select any of the column which you are not going to use in email personalisation. For Example, if you are not going to use @middleName in your email personalisation, then when creating Seed Address, in middle name give some random text like 'ThisIsSeedAddress123456' and save the seed.

Now in Subject line, Paste the below code.

<% if ( recipient.middleName == 'ThisIsSeedAddress123456' ) { %>
[SEED] Subject line of your delivery
<% } %>
<% else { %>
Subject line of your delivery
<% } %>

So now the seed addresses with middleName 'ThisIsSeedAddress123456' will be receiving email with subject line '[SEED] Subject line of your delivery' and other recipients will be getting actual Subject line.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S