Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Is it possible to define key value in Adobe Campaign Workflow ?

Level 1

Hi All,

I want to check if there is a way to define key-value in Adobe Campaign Workflow. I am using a static value in Query activity to filter the records and then again I use the same values in Split activity in the same workflow. 

If in future those values changes, I don't want to go and modify in other activity so want to check if there is a common place holder for those kinds of values and I can use that in Query and split activity?

I want to keep those values available in the same workflow only.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @nitinkalra 

You can use the instance variables for this.

Here is the syntax

instance.vars.VARIABLE_NAME="VALUE_HERE"

You can then use this instance variable anywhere in your workflow.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @nitinkalra 

You can use the instance variables for this.

Here is the syntax

instance.vars.VARIABLE_NAME="VALUE_HERE"

You can then use this instance variable anywhere in your workflow.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Thanks @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Do you mean by defining it in Workflow>Properties->variables as a script ? Is there any other option as well like an activity that can be further linked to those activities which need these values.

Because If I define this in a script in properties then a new developer who is opening the workflow for the first time, may not know from where the value is coming. 

Community Advisor
You can use the javascript activity in the workflow and use this code in the javascript activity.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn