Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Invalid XML name error when using content publication template in delivery

Level 3

Hi,

I have created content management publication templates by following the below documentation

Use case: creating content management

Have followed documentation as-is, but when i use the publication template in delivery for editing the content, i am getting below error.

JST-310000: Error while compiling script 'Content Schema POC(kv:contentSchemaPOC)' line 29: Invalid XML name.

This error is coming from the javascript template that i am using, from the lines where attributes of the content schema are referred.

eg.

Hello <%= perso('recipient.firstName') %> <%= perso('recipient.lastName') %>,

<p>

<%= content.presentation %>

</p> 

<center>

content.presentation gives the error.

Please let me know if anybody has encountered this error and how to solve it. I am following documentation as is from the link provided above.

Please let me knw if something is missing.

2 Replies

Level 1

the same issue, do you have any news?

Level 1

I ran into the same error. In my case, I missed the "NOTE: under "Step 5 - Create the Publication Template". It reads:

The DOM interface option is checked by default and this means that this document will not be accessible if you use the E4X syntax. The DOM interface must be used when this option is checked and is the recommended syntax.

You can still use the E4X syntax. If so, make sure to uncheck this option.

The E4X syntax is what allows you to access the properties directly (e.g. <%= content.@title %>. If you are using the DOM interface, you have to use that syntax (as described here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/developer/campaign-api/api/p-6.html), e.g. <%= content.$title %>.