Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to import data into custom table?

Level 6

Hello, I have created a custom table and now I'm trying to import data into that table via a csv file and I'm getting error in the update data activity. Please help

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12 ,

Make sure that you had updated the database structure.

And please share the error logs/screenshot (right click update data activity > display logs)

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12 ,

Goto data loading activity > click here to change the file format > There change the data type of Age as integer32

ParthaSarathy_0-1669824742613.png

Level 6

Which option do I have to use for record identification?

Community Advisor

In update data activity? If yes, And in schema if you had created primary key  as autopk="true", you can select record identification as 'directly using the targeting dimension'.

Or if you have custom primary key (say eg, email), you can select record identification as 'using reconciliation key' and map email from file and email from schema (in this scenario either select operation type as 'insert or update' or if you going to have insert only, then enable the check box 'Generate an outbound transition for rejects')

Level 6

I have a doubt regarding this targeting dimension.Basically it is the records in the db right? But in the data loading file, there is no targeting dimension then how come we are identifying records based on the targeting dimension?

Community Advisor

yes. Like if you have some criteria to match the file fields with schema fields and then insert or update it, you can select 'using reconciliation key'. Or if the use case is to just insert a record in db, you can directly call the schema in updated dimension and select directly using the target dimension

This document will explain in detail - Update data records identification

Community Advisor

You need to update database structure.

go to Tools > Advanced > Update database structure  > select your custom schema checkbox and click next and update database structure.

Once done disconnect and reconnect, And run the workflow. 

update database structure guide

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12 

As suggested by @ParthaSarathy, please check the reconciliation keys are mapped correctly in update data activity and also try pulling the same in update fields.

Regards

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12 ,

Is this workflow working fine without error after changing the data types as mentioned in previous comment (data loading activity > click here to change the file format > There change the data type of Age as integer32) and after the primary key issue resolved ?

Administrator

Hi @Sanjana12,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa