Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to extract web@default logs in Adobe classic Campaign

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have a requirement in Webapp UnSubscription type, to track if the Customer has Unsubscribed, so we are trying to get this information from the web logs.

When added logInfo in the webapps, it is displayed in web@default log Journal and not in Webapp Audit Logs.

Already we tried the path given in Adobe documentation link to access these logs: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/monitoring-campaign-classic/productio...

When we try accessing the path "/usr/local/neolane/nl6/var/default/log/web.log", we are facing issues.

Please let us know if any approach to get these logs.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LakshmiPravallika 

To track the subscription details for a customer, I would suggest to have a flag in your schema which can be updated on a real-time basis through the WebApp itself along with the modification date which will help you to keep a track of the changes.

As your mentioned in your post, all the logs will be available in the web@default process logs for webApps.

For accessing the log Files, I would suggest to go to the instance server and go to the desired path as the logs are saved and written to the disks.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Akshay

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LakshmiPravallika 

To track the subscription details for a customer, I would suggest to have a flag in your schema which can be updated on a real-time basis through the WebApp itself along with the modification date which will help you to keep a track of the changes.

As your mentioned in your post, all the logs will be available in the web@default process logs for webApps.

For accessing the log Files, I would suggest to go to the instance server and go to the desired path as the logs are saved and written to the disks.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Akshay

Community Advisor

Hi @AkshayAnand ,

We will try the suggested approach.

For accessing the log files, we are checking parallelly with Adobe support team as we are not able to access the directory.

Regards,

Pravallika.

Community Advisor

Hello @LakshmiPravallika,

If your need is to manually check the web@default log file, you can do so via the rich client from the supervision tab (sorry for the french screenShot):

Amine_Abedour_0-1702309472789.png

If your need is to acces this file via JS, you may be blocked by the fact that the file is in a directory that is not 'Sandboxed' (cf extraSandboxedDirectories in doc) and that your instance uses the option ''XtkSecurity_Disable_JSFileSandboxing'' (cf doc) to block access to none sandboxed directories/files from JS.

To come back to your initial problem, I think it's a bad idea to rely on these log files to track customer unsubscriptions.
There is a file rotation system on these log files, and the information may be lost.
What I can propose is to create a persistent table that stores the customer's action each time he goes through the Usubscription WebApp.

Br,

Amine