Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How can I pass the workflow name as the file name for a data output tool?

Level 2

I created this in the step before the the output tool and it will pick up the file name I put there but I have to manually enter it. I want it to pickup the workflow name automatically so I don't have to edit that step.

vars.fileName="WorkFlowName" + "_" + formatDate(new Date(),"%4Y%2M%2D") + ".txt"; 

I tried this:

vars.fileName=<%= vars.workflowName %> + "_" + formatDate(new Date(),"%4Y%2M%2D") + ".txt"; 

which works in my Alert step but generates undefined in the file name. 

And this:

vars.fileName=vars.workflowName + "_" + formatDate(new Date(),"%4Y%2M%2D") + ".txt"; 

but it generates undefined_20211209.txt as well. 

Anyone have any experience with this, I'll admit I don't know javascript at all. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Level 2

Where can I find a list of all the  instance.vars? 

Employee Advisor

Essentially any data in ACC is available to used. You just have to build the correct data context.

Check the ACC docs on JS vars: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/advanced-ma...

Clicking on this drop down icon will give you a menu of options. 

dloyd_0-1639087307465.png

dloyd_1-1639087424509.png

Level 2

Cool thanks! In case anyone else has a similar question the format of the JS that worked to get my workflow name as my file name was this.

vars.fileName=instance.label + "_" + formatDate(new Date(),"%4Y%2M%2D") + ".txt";