Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Global configuration to stop long running processes

Level 2

Hello to all,
we have recently upgraded our Adobe Campaign Classic installation to version 7.3.5. and we see that there are workflows which before when there was a long database query executing more than a certain time it was stopped by the Adobe Campaign app by itself. Now it keeps running with the risk of causing crashes at the database level.

Do you know if you can apply some global configuration to the application so that if a certain process takes longer the system stops it on its by itself?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @RobertoCervantes 

This happens because of bad query design. There shouldn't be any query that runs for 2 hours. I would look at Adobe Control Panel to see which query is running what data it is querying. I would first kill the PID associated with the query so that it is not creating deadlocks.

The only solution is to optimize the queries.

My assumption is before the upgrade the queries were timing out and this is not happening anymore.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

As a best practice, it is recommended to stop all workflows and delivery job before preparing for an upgrade. This is to avoid such issues to happen.

Well, it is hard to identify what went wrong during the upgrade in your case.

I would recommend that you plan a DB restart (OfCourse during a maintenance window with the help of DBA/Database Team) after stopping nl services on all instances. Once Database is online, you can resume nl services.

Thank you very much @ShashankNigam02  for your answer, but I think we are talking about different things.

What I mean is that before updating the application it seems that there was a configuration that when a workflow was working for a long time waiting for a SQL response it stopped the process by itself.

After upgrading the application we noticed that it doesn't happen. It is not a problem with a specific workflow, we stopped each and every one of the services before upgrading, I think it is a problem of loss of some global configuration that has disappeared after the upgrade but I don't really know what.

The question is that this past weekend a wkf was working for more than 2 hrs waiting for a database query and this has caused interlocks in the database and this did not happen before with the same wkf.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @RobertoCervantes 

This happens because of bad query design. There shouldn't be any query that runs for 2 hours. I would look at Adobe Control Panel to see which query is running what data it is querying. I would first kill the PID associated with the query so that it is not creating deadlocks.

The only solution is to optimize the queries.

My assumption is before the upgrade the queries were timing out and this is not happening anymore.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Ok thank you very much for your answer @_Manoj_Kumar_ 

The thing is that one of these queries I have detected that takes quite a long time if I run it directly from the SQL client it takes just a few seconds but from the WKF execution takes more than two hours...looking at the log creates a temporary table but does not just insert the data into it after two hours....