Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Direct Mail Seed Addresses

Level 1

I have a custom table from which I want to send DM and include seed addresses. I have extended the seedMember table to add new table and some of it's fields. 

However when I create a seed, add the required fields and then add the seed to the send for a DM  it does no substitution at all. The only error I can see in the log is 

"DLV-490122 The contact of the 'SDM1879' seed address is not specified. Please provide this information."

Any ideas?

I am using the same table and seeds for email and that works fine.

The nms:seedMember extension is shown below The custom table is actually a Snowflake view accessed by FDA in Adobe 7 Classic

<srcSchema _cs="Seed addresses (three)" created="2022-11-01 21:28:58.936Z" createdBy-id="0"
desc="Seed to insert in the export files" entitySchema="xtk:srcSchema"
extendedSchema="nms:seedMember" img="nms:unknownad.png" label="Seed addresses"
labelSingular="Seed" lastModified="2022-11-02 08:20:47.414Z" mappingType="sql"
md5="DE679B0ED73FAB5612EEBAF0AAA09355" modifiedBy-id="0" name="seedMember"
namespace="xxx" xtkschema="xtk:srcSchema">

<element desc="Seed to insert in the export files" img="nms:unknownad.png" label="Seed addresses"
labelSingular="Seed" name="seedMember">

<element label="Contact Rules" name="custom_snow_CONTACT_RULES">

<attribute name="FIRST_NAME" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@FIRST_NAME"/>
<attribute name="EMAIL" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@EMAIL"/>
<attribute name="SMS" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@SMS"/>
<attribute name="TITLE" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@TITLE"/>
<attribute name="LAST_NAME" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@LAST_NAME"/>
<attribute name="CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_1" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_1"/>
<attribute name="CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_2" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_2"/>
<attribute name="CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_3" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@CONTACT_ADDRESS_LINE_3"/>
<attribute name="CONTACT_CITY_NAME" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@CONTACT_CITY_NAME"/>
<attribute name="CONTACT_ZIP_CODE" template="snow:CONTACT_RULES:CONTACT_RULES/@CONTACT_ZIP_CODE"/>

</element>
</element>

</srcSchema>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found there was nothing wrong with the configuration. I had added my own aliases for all the columns and this was stopping the system picking up the seeds. Once these had been removed then all worked. The warning about the seed address remained but was not a problem

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found there was nothing wrong with the configuration. I had added my own aliases for all the columns and this was stopping the system picking up the seeds. Once these had been removed then all worked. The warning about the seed address remained but was not a problem