Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Can we somehow set expire time on specific personalized links in an email?

Level 4

Hi community!

I have a question regarding personalized links from an email that points to a web application. 

We are looking for a way to make the link from the email expire at some point with an offset in the delivery time. 

I've found that you can specify the validity duration of the tracking redirection and then set a fallback when that period is over. The issue with that is, that it only works for ALL links in an email, but not specific links. 

Do anyone have any idea to how this could be solved? Alternative solutions are also very welcome  

SorenDahk_0-1694516451625.png

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

I actually got a recent project with this requirement. 
The user received an email, clicks on the button and then the webapp checks if it is expired or not. 

The way I have done this:

I had a parameter on the webapp, "expDate" for this example (although I recommend not have such clear name. And on the URL of the button I passed the expiration date (encrypted, of course!).

On the webapp, decrypt the parameter and then, the first check is if "today" < "expDate". If that's the case, the webapp could run, otherwise it would show an error message.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @SorenDP ,

there is no such functionality and you will have to implement that manually.

Is that one link for all recipients in one email you want to set validity to?

I would create landing page with logic that will handle the validity and then redirect to final page or to page saying the link validity is over.
Anyway, just one possible way how I would approach this:
You can set the validity dynamically based on the delivery id passed to web application where based on config, on generally set value, or you can extend delivery schema and add link validity duration. But everything can vary based on your business requirements.

Then when user lands on the web app I would query delivery by the passed argument and checked if the validity is not exceeded.

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Level 4

Thanks! 

Since the link is personal and on a recurring basis (not a one-off thing) We would have to do some logic like the proposal you are giving here. Thanks for sharing the idea!  

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

I actually got a recent project with this requirement. 
The user received an email, clicks on the button and then the webapp checks if it is expired or not. 

The way I have done this:

I had a parameter on the webapp, "expDate" for this example (although I recommend not have such clear name. And on the URL of the button I passed the expiration date (encrypted, of course!).

On the webapp, decrypt the parameter and then, the first check is if "today" < "expDate". If that's the case, the webapp could run, otherwise it would show an error message.

Level 4

Thanks @jorgeferreira!  

Good to know and seems like a pretty good way of doing it! I will look into which solution solves our challenge best

Cheers!