Expand my Community achievements bar.

Course Discussion: Trait Creation and Management

Employee

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the "Trait Creation and Management" course on Experience League. Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered.

3 Replies

Level 1

Hiya

I have created a few traits and backfilled last 30 days data, and combined traits to create segments. However 24 hours later the traits and segments have no population, is there a lag between when trait/segment is created and when they start to populate? 

Thanks!

Hang

Employee

Hello Hang,

Pulling from the documentation: 

>>>>>

Trait Backfilling Latency

Newly created traits start capturing audiences two to three hours after creation. However, due to the large volume of data that Audience Manager performs on a daily basis, the backfilled population is not immediately reflected in the Unique Trait Realizations and Total Trait Population graphs.

Audience Manager updates the Trait Graph with the backfilled population within 48 hours from trait creation.

<<<<<

So I would recommend giving it another day and see if you get some numbers in there. If you still don't see any numbers in there and you believe you should (it's a trait that should be capturing data and should have already been capturing data), then I recommend reaching out to Customer Care.

I hope that's helpful,

Doug

Level 1

Hey Doug

Good day!

Thanks for confirming my thought! I will give it another day to see if it starts to populate  

Kind Regards

Hang