Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to set permission

Level 1
  1. user but not admin 
  2. read view

what would you select in wild card permission?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @rags1516 ,

Both groups would only use the wild card rights only.

To create a group that can create traits / segments and map to destinations, I would start with the following wild card rights:
Trait: VIEW_ALL_TRAITS, MAP_ALL_TO_SEGMENTS, CREATE_ALL_TRAITS (Edit / Delete optional for your needs)
Segment: VIEW_ALL_SEGMENTS, CREATE_ALL_SEGMENTS, MAP_ALL_TO_DESTINATIONS (Edit / Delete optional for your needs)
Destination: VIEW_ALL_DESTINATIONS, CREATE_DESTINATIONS, EDIT_ALL_DESTINATIONS

Similar to the above, you would create a view only group which only had the VIEW_ALL_TRAITS, VIEW_ALL_SEGMENTS and VIEW_ALL_DESTINATIONS, etc.

You'll want to make sure the wild card box is checked while editing the group, and your AAM instance has RBAC enabled (If you're unsure, your Adobe contact or support can verify this)

Regards,

Shane

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @rags1516 ,

Both groups would only use the wild card rights only.

To create a group that can create traits / segments and map to destinations, I would start with the following wild card rights:
Trait: VIEW_ALL_TRAITS, MAP_ALL_TO_SEGMENTS, CREATE_ALL_TRAITS (Edit / Delete optional for your needs)
Segment: VIEW_ALL_SEGMENTS, CREATE_ALL_SEGMENTS, MAP_ALL_TO_DESTINATIONS (Edit / Delete optional for your needs)
Destination: VIEW_ALL_DESTINATIONS, CREATE_DESTINATIONS, EDIT_ALL_DESTINATIONS

Similar to the above, you would create a view only group which only had the VIEW_ALL_TRAITS, VIEW_ALL_SEGMENTS and VIEW_ALL_DESTINATIONS, etc.

You'll want to make sure the wild card box is checked while editing the group, and your AAM instance has RBAC enabled (If you're unsure, your Adobe contact or support can verify this)

Regards,

Shane