Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to decommission audience manager

Level 2

We reached the end of our Adobe Audience Manager contract and will not renew. We will not migrate to AEP, and we are keeping Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target. 

Has anyone done this process before and is aware of, or has created any documentation on how to decommission AAM - shutting down data sources etc?

Thanks,

rich

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Rich,

Thanks for reaching out! We have some basic steps which need to be followed to ensure any billable Audience Manager activities are ceased upon expiration of your contract:

1. Remove all distributed code and site tags
   a. This includes any custom DCS requests that may be implemented on your web properties/mobile applications & URL destinations from within the AAM UI
   b. A ticket can be submitted to customer care to assist with the removal of site tags (ID syncs)
2. Remove Audience Marketplace 3rd party traits from segments & models
3. Unsubscribe from all Audience Marketplace data feeds
4. Cease onboarding activities

Once all of these steps have been completed, you can reach out to your customer success team to request that Audience Manager users are de-activated & product contexts are removed from your organization. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Rich,

Thanks for reaching out! We have some basic steps which need to be followed to ensure any billable Audience Manager activities are ceased upon expiration of your contract:

1. Remove all distributed code and site tags
   a. This includes any custom DCS requests that may be implemented on your web properties/mobile applications & URL destinations from within the AAM UI
   b. A ticket can be submitted to customer care to assist with the removal of site tags (ID syncs)
2. Remove Audience Marketplace 3rd party traits from segments & models
3. Unsubscribe from all Audience Marketplace data feeds
4. Cease onboarding activities

Once all of these steps have been completed, you can reach out to your customer success team to request that Audience Manager users are de-activated & product contexts are removed from your organization. 

Level 3

Hi, thanks for your support here! 

You mention that a ticket can be submitted to customer care to assist with the removal of site tags (ID syncs). Our tag manager is Tealium IQ, not Launch; am I right in thinking that customer care will therefore not be able to assist in our case?

Rich

Employee

I was specifically referring to ID sync tags, which are configured within your Audience Manager container in the Adobe back-end. Customer care can assist with the removal of these. You're correct that we would not be able to assist with any code removal within a tag manager such as Tealium. 

Level 3

Hi there, 

We are going through a similar process - removing audience manager, retaining Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and Launch.  I want to know what will happen to the Adobe Target 'inactive' activities that were using an AAM audience after we remove it.  Will I still be able to see all the Target activity details? (Reporting, audience info., activity details and results)

Has anyone been through this and can advise or is there any FAQ's around about this?

Cheers,

Mycal 

Level 1
  1. Implement in Websites with Tags Tutorial.
  2. Configure tags. Create a tag property. Add the embed code. Add a data element, a rule and a library. Switch environments with the Debugger.
  3. Implement Solutions. Add the Identity Service. Add Adobe Target. Add Adobe Analytics. ...
  4. Publish your property. Publish your Property.