Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which is more accurate? Adobe Analytics report or Report Builder output

Level 2

I am trying to extract all the product views and orders on few particular products which occurred after visitors viewed a particular page. For this, I created a visitor level segment with a THEN operator. (Am confident about the segment)

Then I extracted the product report with productviews and orders from both Report Builder and Adobe Analytics with the same segment applied and filter for the required products. 

The result from the two tools appear to be different. The report builder output seem to be little higher than the Adobe Analytics one. The % differences on Orders and Cart Additions are even higher (+25%). At the same time when I extract the same report without the segment there is no difference at all.

I believe this is due to sampling. Just wanted to know which one of the two is more accurate in this scenario.

Note: The site received more than 100+ million visits during the 2 month time frame I am focusing on.

Thanks,

Aiyanna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A report pulled within Reports & Analytics should identically match with a Report Builder request, given they are indeed using identical settings. I don't know if we'll be able to help much without seeing the exact segment definition used for both of these requests, along with the exact settings the report was pulled in both capability solutions.

If you're not comfortable sharing this information publicly, you are welcome to create an incident with Customer Care to confidentially troubleshoot the discrepancy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A report pulled within Reports & Analytics should identically match with a Report Builder request, given they are indeed using identical settings. I don't know if we'll be able to help much without seeing the exact segment definition used for both of these requests, along with the exact settings the report was pulled in both capability solutions.

If you're not comfortable sharing this information publicly, you are welcome to create an incident with Customer Care to confidentially troubleshoot the discrepancy.