Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visitor ID counted as 2 unique visitors on the same day, same device

Level 1

Hi,

I am an Analyst at Viacom and I am working on a project looking at user behavior on our app tagged with Adobe Analytics. What I see in the data is that sometimes, 1 visitor ID is counted as 2 Unique Visitors on the same day, on the same device. I am trying to find out how can this be possible? Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The visitor ID is it based off of the Adobe Cookie or something you capture in a custom metric?

See here

Identify unique visitors

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The visitor ID is it based off of the Adobe Cookie or something you capture in a custom metric?

See here

Identify unique visitors

Level 3

Hi Arjun,

You must have captured Visitor ID into some evar/prop. So treat the visitor ID captured as a value for evar/prop. As Adobe identified visitor based on cookie (s_vi() or MID()). So 2 Unique visitor for same Visitor ID means, same value for evar/prop(captured as visitor id), 2 cookie got set.

This can happen if evar has a persistance whereas cookie set if image request cannot find related cookie(s_vi() or MID) on thebrowser.

regards

karandeep Singh