Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visit volume filter (why is this so hard?)

Level 2

SO, this seems to have been asked on the forum over and over again based on the search I just did. No answers though....

How can you create a (pretty basic) filter to show only pages with > x visits? I'm particularly interested in doing this in workspace, but any help or advice would be welcome.

Its pretty annoying that such a basic thing which is asked for over and over, with posts going back 5 or 6 years is still not available in what is supposed to be a premium, enterprise level analytics product.

Also.... Report builder for Mac would be nice

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm curious what you're looking to do with this filter, once you have it applied.

Right now, your best option is to leverage Calculated Metrics and sort by them:

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 12.00.58 PM.png

Which would result in:

1262579_pastedImage_2.png

You could also leverage a combination of the IF and GREATER THAN functions if this is your goal. For example, if Visits are greater than 10,000, show Bounce Rate:

1262581_pastedImage_4.png

Which would result in:

1262585_pastedImage_5.png

Does that help get you where you're looking to go?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm curious what you're looking to do with this filter, once you have it applied.

Right now, your best option is to leverage Calculated Metrics and sort by them:

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 12.00.58 PM.png

Which would result in:

1262579_pastedImage_2.png

You could also leverage a combination of the IF and GREATER THAN functions if this is your goal. For example, if Visits are greater than 10,000, show Bounce Rate:

1262581_pastedImage_4.png

Which would result in:

1262585_pastedImage_5.png

Does that help get you where you're looking to go?

Level 1
Not quite. I'd like the 0 rows to disappear altogether. Reason: When comparing date ranges, the rows with the lowest values have the greatest percentage change. We want filter reports what show only rows with, say, 500 or more visits.

Level 2

Hey Eric,

Thanks for this.

I think the If Then Else might work for what I need. Basically, I have a calculated metric which works out a % of calls generated from each page (Calls / Visits). I want to create a report which I can order by the % column, but exclude any pages with less than say 100 visits or so.

Again, this seems like such a basic thing, while creating the If Then Else might work, it feels like a more complex solution that it should need to be. I’ll give it a try though.

Thanks again!

Simon.

Level 1

Hi Eric

Is it possible to have the irrelevant "0" results in your first picture not show up at all? Reason being, I am trying to filter a metric to export the results to a CSV file. I would rather just export a small number of relevant results than a large number which I would then have to take the extra step of manually excluding 0 values.

Employee Advisor

Have been thinking about this for a long time as well. I went ahead and created an idea for this.

Allow items with zero value to be not shown in workspace

Hope this helps. Do add if I have missed any details or impact of having the idea implemented or not.

-Hyder

Level 2

I think thats pretty much the same solution, but with some formatting added to the report to remove the 0? Its a good work around, but Adobe should really provide a way to filter by metric volume. Its a pretty simple ask really.