Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visit-level segment -> Campaign contains XY, but shows also different results

Level 1

Hi,

I have currently a segment at the Visit-level where the condition is Campaign contains XY. However, the results show me also campaigns which don´t have XY in its name.

How is this possible?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can I ask for more clarification around your segment, how you are using it, and how you are verifying it?

Campaigns are generally using custom expiry.... such as Visit, or 1 Week, or 1 Month, etc....

Also, what metric are you using when you are verifying your segment? Is it possible your campaign was set on an action (s.tl) and IF you have the dimension set to "hit" instead of visit, when you pull a report by Page View, you may not see the hit, and without an attribution the value may not be brought forward into other hits in the dimension.... 

Or maybe you have a segment applied at the panel level that is causing some interference on how the data is showing....

The more you can share (even if you use pseudo examples to protect your real data) would help immensely.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can I ask for more clarification around your segment, how you are using it, and how you are verifying it?

Campaigns are generally using custom expiry.... such as Visit, or 1 Week, or 1 Month, etc....

Also, what metric are you using when you are verifying your segment? Is it possible your campaign was set on an action (s.tl) and IF you have the dimension set to "hit" instead of visit, when you pull a report by Page View, you may not see the hit, and without an attribution the value may not be brought forward into other hits in the dimension.... 

Or maybe you have a segment applied at the panel level that is causing some interference on how the data is showing....

The more you can share (even if you use pseudo examples to protect your real data) would help immensely.

Level 1

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply!

I used this segment in order to see visits (and other metrics like bounce rate, unique visitors, average time on site, page views / visit, cart additions, orders and revenue) which came to the website from the campaigns with a similar name (they all have the same beggining of the name).

That segment is applied at the panel level - could that be the problem? 

2023-06-19_011.JPG

Community Advisor

Applying at the panel level should be fine.. But I have never seen the issue you are describing... I was wondering if other segments on the panel were causing issues (the two segments not working together properly)

What is "Campagin" in this case? Is it an eVar? What is the expiry? Is it a prop? Where does this dimension get set in your tracking?

Community Advisor

Usually, the simplest answer is that the same visitor went to your website

• more than once
  • within the same visit

Recall that AA's visits expire after a duration (normally 30 minutes) or number of hits (e.g. 2,500 hits). Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/visits.html?lang=en#how-this-me...