Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Unspecified under unspecified hits

Level 2

how can i backtrack the origin of an unspecified hits under an unspecified hit from the page's GUID? the GUID of the page is just from the data layer. the page URL dimension is also unspecified

avocadoLover2022_0-1724207425440.png

these comes from visits and unique visitor. but for page views, there is no unspecified data captured.

thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @avocadoLover2022 

are you by any chance capturing the URL in one of your props or eVars? This you could use to break down the unspecified value.
As best practice, I would always recommend capturing it in an eVar since it can hold 255 instead of the 100 characters as props.

Hope that helps

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 2

yes, i am capturing the URL in an evar. but there are also unspecified hits for the URL 

avocadoLover2022_0-1724218911388.png

i just need to know where this unspecified value came from

thank you

Community Advisor

Do you have any APIs pushing data into your report suite?

Also, what do you see if you break down by Referrer or Page dimensions?

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Community Advisor

Hi,

What metrics are you looking at here? Are you 100% sure that the eVar will always be populated? There are lots of potential times when an eVar could be missing:

• Lifecycle metrics on a mobile app
  • A value set only on the page level and expecting the action to maintain the value (but the action was triggered before the page for some users)
  • The script used to populate that eVar randomly failed (so it works in testing, but once under load you might be seeing some issues)

Since your URL value was missing, you may have to try other parameters to try and breakdown to identify the exact hits that are a problem... this is not a fun task, but only you can determine what to try, we don't know what all you are tracking and what could be leveraged to support this....