Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Understanding how to count Unique visitors x Custom Variables

Level 1

Hi,

We customized the library of our DPS app, implemented SC and I'd like to understand how some metrics work.

For instance, for all of our library's available actions, we set events to count how many users are using each feature.

This is how we implemented when a search is done: trackEvent(2,{"customVariable5": "search"});

I'd like to know how many users searched something, so just for understanding purposes, I selected 3 metrics

• Custom Event 2
  • Instances
  • Unique Visitors

Then I got the results, which make sense...

• Custom Event 2: 2389
  • Instances: 2389
  • Unique Visitors: 1548

But for the Unique Visitors column, I've got a 19900 value associated with "None" Interaction (Custom Var), which is the number of Unique Visitors we had in the selected period.

My question is: Is it possible to know how many Unique Visitors did some specific interaction?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Pedro,

I think you opened your custom variable 5 report, with those 3 metrics, right? So, on the element 'search', you have 1548 unique visitors, and on the element 'None' you have 19900 unique visitors, I believe. Visitors never enter on the search feature, correct?

Assuming the above, the interpretation should be this: 1,548 visitors conducted 2,389 searches. So, yes, it is possible and 1,548 is your answer. The 'None' probably reflects that all of your visitors have some action (launching the App, for example) during which custom variable 5 has no associated value. All 19,900 visitors interacted with the app and had one or more interactions where custom var 5 was blank. Of your visitors, 1,548 used search at least once.

If my assumptions are incorrect, then the answer may vary, of course (:

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Pedro,

I think you opened your custom variable 5 report, with those 3 metrics, right? So, on the element 'search', you have 1548 unique visitors, and on the element 'None' you have 19900 unique visitors, I believe. Visitors never enter on the search feature, correct?

Assuming the above, the interpretation should be this: 1,548 visitors conducted 2,389 searches. So, yes, it is possible and 1,548 is your answer. The 'None' probably reflects that all of your visitors have some action (launching the App, for example) during which custom variable 5 has no associated value. All 19,900 visitors interacted with the app and had one or more interactions where custom var 5 was blank. Of your visitors, 1,548 used search at least once.

If my assumptions are incorrect, then the answer may vary, of course (:

Andy

Level 1

Hi Andy,

Your answer makes sense because before interacting with our custom library, a set of events are registered to the users, as App Startup, for example.

Thanks