Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

UK region/City data

Level 4

I have a question about the Region and City data that is collected in Adobe Analytics and if there is a way to get better region data for the UK.

Currently, if I look at a report of regions (with visits as the metric), I get a long list of cities and councils in the UK but no regions.

To clarify,

A Region would be North East England, South East England, East Midlands etc.

A city would be something like London, Manchester, Birmingham etc

A council would be something like Soutthwark, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington. These are actual parts of London, not cities or regions in their own right.

I'd expect the region report to have things like North East England, South East England, East Midlands etc but instead it is full of cities and councils.

Is there a way to get this report set up correctly?

Thanks,

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Frank,

Adobe Analytics offers Cities and Councils for the UK, and Cities, US States, and US DMA region for the United States. There is currently no UK region as you're describing, nor have I heard plans to introduce it.

You could create an idea thread here in the forums and let the community vote on it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Sadly the region breakdown is a bit of a misnomer...

Think of region as being more of a state or province segmentation.

I havent tried this specifically but what if you made a saint classification for each concerned city "new region".

It may work where you can then report on sub classification "new region" instead of city

North East England, City 1 

North East England, City 2

North East England, City 3

South East England, City 4

East Midlands, City 5

Now the "new region" report would then be broken into the proper district you define. it would be a bit of work at first but then once done its automatic. Then you can pull report or segment by "new region" sub classifications.

gltu

Level 4

Hi,

This might be the best solution but there are almost 3,000 entries in the Region report, so it would be a lot of work to create this classification. I'm hoping Adobe can do something about this issue.

Thanks,

Frank

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Frank,

Adobe Analytics offers Cities and Councils for the UK, and Cities, US States, and US DMA region for the United States. There is currently no UK region as you're describing, nor have I heard plans to introduce it.

You could create an idea thread here in the forums and let the community vote on it.