Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

TIME on SITE?

Level 1

Is this metric available any longer???

I can find average length of visits but my client was average time on site reports and I can't find them in 15

THANKS

MJHoffman

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear Mike,

Adobe Analytics processes Time Spent metrics much differently in SiteCatalyst 14 as compared to Sitecatalyst15.

For example:
In SiteCatalyst 14, if a visitor spent 00:01:15 on a Web page, the reported Time Spent on Page metric would be 00:02:00.
The midpoint value of the 1 to 3 minute range.
Marketing reports & analytics uses explicit values (including link events and video views) to calculate Time Spent, so the reported Time Spent on Page value in this example would be 00:01:15. 

A detailed comparison can be found under Updated Time Spent Calculation.

You can use the report builder Excel add-in, ad hoc analysis, or marketing reports & analytics capabilities.
Please refer to the Average Time Spent on Site KB Article.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear Mike,

Adobe Analytics processes Time Spent metrics much differently in SiteCatalyst 14 as compared to Sitecatalyst15.

For example:
In SiteCatalyst 14, if a visitor spent 00:01:15 on a Web page, the reported Time Spent on Page metric would be 00:02:00.
The midpoint value of the 1 to 3 minute range.
Marketing reports & analytics uses explicit values (including link events and video views) to calculate Time Spent, so the reported Time Spent on Page value in this example would be 00:01:15. 

A detailed comparison can be found under Updated Time Spent Calculation.

You can use the report builder Excel add-in, ad hoc analysis, or marketing reports & analytics capabilities.
Please refer to the Average Time Spent on Site KB Article.

Level 1

Hello, so simple question. Does that mean that the average time spent on site in the above scenario is 2 seconds? AkhilSharma@Adobe