Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Sort by one metric then another in table

Level 1

Hi there, 

Is there a way to first filter a table by the top X of one dimension, and then sort by another metric? 

eg: I want to sort by conversion rate, but only looking at the top 100 ordered products, for example. 

Thank you!

Sonia

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The closest you can get is to sort by one metric on the first level of dimensions, then sort on the breakdown dimensions by another metric.

For example,

I have have a report which is broken down by Month, then by Day.

My Months are sorted by Page Views, then I sorted the Days inside the Months by Unique Visitors:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1668488934567.png

But sadly, there is no "sort first by Metric A, then in the case of Metric A being the same, sort next by Metric B"....

If you want to do that, you may need to use Report Builder to pull the data into Excel that will allow for multiple column sorting.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The closest you can get is to sort by one metric on the first level of dimensions, then sort on the breakdown dimensions by another metric.

For example,

I have have a report which is broken down by Month, then by Day.

My Months are sorted by Page Views, then I sorted the Days inside the Months by Unique Visitors:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1668488934567.png

But sadly, there is no "sort first by Metric A, then in the case of Metric A being the same, sort next by Metric B"....

If you want to do that, you may need to use Report Builder to pull the data into Excel that will allow for multiple column sorting.