Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Seeing the same page in 2 different formats in page visit reports

Level 2

When looking at our page visits in workspace, we see the same page listed twice with different volume of visits e.g.

https://domain.co.uk/page/subpage

and

domain:page:subpage

Looking at the debugger on the page I only see pageName puled through as domain:page:subpage

Does anyone know why we see this duplication?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is what I was going to ask

What is the distribution of "url" values vs curated page name values? Are you talking about a small percentage of pages that are missing the curated name, or a large percentage?

If no pageName is passed, Adobe will use the URL instead... it's possible that you have some scenarios where the code to populate the page name is failing, or maybe there are multiple rules for different scenarios where the page name wasn't set at all....

You may have to try and breakdown the URL version to see if there is a pattern to the scenarios where only the URL is populated, then try to test those specific scenarios to figure out what is happening.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

One possibility is that the page name is not set in some use case.

Page Name is a required field for page calls (as opposed to link calls). If the page name is not set, Adobe defaults the page name to the URL.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is what I was going to ask

What is the distribution of "url" values vs curated page name values? Are you talking about a small percentage of pages that are missing the curated name, or a large percentage?

If no pageName is passed, Adobe will use the URL instead... it's possible that you have some scenarios where the code to populate the page name is failing, or maybe there are multiple rules for different scenarios where the page name wasn't set at all....

You may have to try and breakdown the URL version to see if there is a pattern to the scenarios where only the URL is populated, then try to test those specific scenarios to figure out what is happening.