Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Same Page viewed on different visits

Level 1

Hello all,

I know this question has been asked before, but I didn't get the clarity I needed by going through those threads.

The question I have is, how do I create a segment of users who viewed the same page on multiple visits. I have added two screenshots to show two segments that I think should have given the same results, but ended up being very different. (which screenshot is the correct implementation?)

I would also like to ask, how to I create the segments in a way where they're mutually exclusive, meaning, excluding the people who viewed the page on 2 distinct  visits from the segment where I users viewed the page on 3 distinct visits (to avoid counting users twice),

1.png2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I haven't tried creating such a segment before, but have you tried changing the scope from "Include Everyone" to "Before Sequence" or something like that... I don't know if that will yield the correct results.... (I tend to have problems making those scopes work for me correctly sometimes)

OR try putting these rules in a container and add a second container that has the "3 times" variant, but set it as an exclude? So that you look for people that hit the page 2 times, but then also exclude people who hit it 3 times?

These would be the types of things I would try to play with first.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I haven't tried creating such a segment before, but have you tried changing the scope from "Include Everyone" to "Before Sequence" or something like that... I don't know if that will yield the correct results.... (I tend to have problems making those scopes work for me correctly sometimes)

OR try putting these rules in a container and add a second container that has the "3 times" variant, but set it as an exclude? So that you look for people that hit the page 2 times, but then also exclude people who hit it 3 times?

These would be the types of things I would try to play with first.

Good luck!

Community Advisor

What about use Visit number. That way you pick visitors to a page and exclude undesired visit counts.

in this case 1 or 2 as 3 was your threshold.

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 1.17.46 PM.png

Level 1

Good Idea, but this way, I'll end up losing data as people might visit the site often, and view the page on their 15th and 20th visit for example, so adding visit number to the segment might no be ideal.

Community Advisor

Perhaps then its metric measurement issue. Are you trying to determine in essence the return visit frequency of users on a given page(s) to see content consumption frequency of visit?

Try the return frequency report then.

This will give you a tiered view of user visit behaviours broken out in such a way as you can separate the frequent vs occasional users. Much better than trying to designate a hard coded single number...