Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

s.Util.getQueryparam function not pulling data from query string parameter

Level 2

I am in the process of implementing analytics for our website using Adobe Launch. In the custom code editor I am using the custom method to get the query string parameter for s.campaign. However, I see that the code is getting executed but the parameter values is not getting captured. I suspect the URL is stripping off the query string parameters (but it’s is still visible to me on the browser). Am I missing any step or should I be enabling something for this to work? 
please note: the same code when used in the launch property for another website is working just fine and pulling all the query string parameters. 

This code doesn’t work: 

var c = [];

c.push(s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_source"), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_medium"), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_campaign"), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_term"), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_content"));

s.campaign = c.join(':');

But this one works: 

var url = window.location.href;

var c = [];

c.push(s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_source", url), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_medium", url), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_campaign", url), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_term", url), s.Util.getQueryParam("utm_content", url));

s.campaign = c.join(':'); 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

In first scenario, you have to specify the string to check for query string parameters. By default, the utility looks at the browser URL.

Ref Doc: 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/util-getqueryparam.ht...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

In first scenario, you have to specify the string to check for query string parameters. By default, the utility looks at the browser URL.

Ref Doc: 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/util-getqueryparam.ht...