Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report.GetRealTimeReport returning 0 counts

Level 1

Hey All,

I'm making a pretty simple request that has been failing me.  Specifically, 

{ "reportDescription": { "reportSuiteID": "***OURREPORTSUITE***", "metrics": [ { "id": "pageviews" } ] }, "validate":true }

The response: 

{ "report": { "reportSuite": { "id": "***OURREPORTSUITE***", "name": "THE NAME" }, "period": "12:40 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013) - 12:45 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "elements": [ { "id": "datetime", "type": "datetime", "name": "Minute" } ], "metrics": [ { "id": "pageviews", "name": "Page Views", "type": "number" } ], "type": "realtime", "data": [ { "name": "12:44 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "year": 2013, "month": 8, "day": 8, "hour": 12, "minute": 44, "counts": [ 0 ] }, { "name": "12:43 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "year": 2013, "month": 8, "day": 8, "hour": 12, "minute": 43, "counts": [ 0 ] }, { "name": "12:42 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "year": 2013, "month": 8, "day": 8, "hour": 12, "minute": 42, "counts": [ 0 ] }, { "name": "12:41 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "year": 2013, "month": 8, "day": 8, "hour": 12, "minute": 41, "counts": [ 0 ] }, { "name": "12:40 (Thu. 8 Aug. 2013)", "year": 2013, "month": 8, "day": 8, "hour": 12, "minute": 40, "counts": [ 0 ] } ], "totals": [ 0 ] } }

As you can see, I'm getting 0's back for all counts.  I assure you our app is used!

Is there something wrong with the request?  How can I debug this further?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Robert,

The first thing I'd check is to make sure the report suite has timestamp support enabled. Report suites can only accept one or the other when it comes to timestamp support, and if it's set to only accept non-timestamped hits, these timestamped hits would be thrown away.

You can open an incident with Customer Care to request this information, or if you'd like to PM me your report suite ID, I can look it up for you as well.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Robert,

The first thing I'd check is to make sure the report suite has timestamp support enabled. Report suites can only accept one or the other when it comes to timestamp support, and if it's set to only accept non-timestamped hits, these timestamped hits would be thrown away.

You can open an incident with Customer Care to request this information, or if you'd like to PM me your report suite ID, I can look it up for you as well.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

Level 1

Gigazelle wrote...

Hi Robert,

---

Pm'd.

Employee Advisor

Yep, it has timestamp support enabled, so you'll want to make sure your app's image requests are sending timestamps with them.

To determine if it's an implementation issue or a reporting API issue, have you attempted to pull this report within the Analytics interface? That will put us another step in the right direction.

Level 4

Hi Robert,

Since we haven’t heard back from you recently,hope we were able to answer all your queries and the issue got resolved to your satisfaction. 
I will go ahead and archive this case as resolved.
However, if you have any additional questions simply respond to this message and it will be reopened.
I would appreciate if you could spare your valuable time to participate and identify the correct answer which would be of great help to us.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil