Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Report Builder: SC_XL_Module errors on Excel start and close

Level 1

I have an issue where ANY TIME I open or close Excel since installing report builder, I receive two error messages. IT doesn't know what to do about it. The VBA Modules for Report Builder are password protected, so I can't go poke around in there to see what the issue is. The errors pop up one after the other. 

I haven't had any luck finding information on this error. Hopefully someone out there has some insight?! 

[img]error1.png[/img]

[img]errorr2.png[/img]

It doesn't seem to hinder the functionality of Excel or ReportBuilder, but it is really annoying. I've had enough.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your note.

The problem seems to be somewhere hidden in Excel and ARB. I would request you to kindly log a ticket with clientcare if you are a supported user. You can also email them at clientcare@adobe.com

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Please try to uninstall Report Builder and see if you still get the error. Also make sure you install the correct version (i.e 32 bit for 32-bit excel or 64-bit for 64-bit excel).

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi Shekhar,

I apologize for not mentioning everything I've tried in the initial post. I've tried the following, in this order:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling on Office 32-bit
  • Trying version 4.x instead of 5.x in 32-bit
  • Uninstalling Office entirely, uninstalling Report Builder
  • Reinstalling Office 32-bit and running through the steps listed above
  • Uninstalling Office 32-bit and installing 64-bit
  • Running through the same steps in the 64-bit version
  • Upgrading to a new computer, and running through all the steps listed above

I am at a total loss as to why this could be happening. I can't actually access the Adobe modules in VBA because they're password protected, but my assumption is that the error is in there somewhere for me. However, I don't know why this is happening only to me as it doesn't seem to be widespread. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your note.

The problem seems to be somewhere hidden in Excel and ARB. I would request you to kindly log a ticket with clientcare if you are a supported user. You can also email them at clientcare@adobe.com

Thanks!