Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Question about eVar expiration

Level 2

Hi, 

In Admin console,we can set the expiration of eVars.  I have set a eVar expires after puchase, i want to know if no purchase occurs during the visit, whether the eVar will expire or not。

In help document, I see “all Finding Methods expire when the visit ends”. I want to confirm whether all eVars are same with finding method or not。

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Finding methods only apply to traffic sources (search engine, paid/natural) and expiration is visit, obviously.

You can set the expiration of eVars independent from findings, e.g. expiration after a purchase event.

Keep in mind, that your eVar with expiration "purchase" means, that  a purchase is also counted to your eVar after the visit, eg. eVar is set today, but the user make the purchase ony week later ...

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Finding methods only apply to traffic sources (search engine, paid/natural) and expiration is visit, obviously.

You can set the expiration of eVars independent from findings, e.g. expiration after a purchase event.

Keep in mind, that your eVar with expiration "purchase" means, that  a purchase is also counted to your eVar after the visit, eg. eVar is set today, but the user make the purchase ony week later ...

Cheers,

Michael