Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Processing Rules - Maximum Number

Community Advisor

When I took the certification exam for Processing Rules a couple of years back, I remember it stating there was a maximum number we could create, and I remember that number being around 100.  I was wanting to now if anyone had a definitive answer for what the maximum number was for the creation of processing rules.  I wasn't able to find it in the help documentation, and I don't have the time to go searching through the presentation video to see if it's still mentioned there.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Bloomer
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, I think I may have found the answer.  The Adobe documentation is difficult, at best, to search, but I used the terms "processing rules limits" and found this page (if you simply click the link below, it will take you to the very top of the release notes page; you'll need to click the link on the page for Analytics and then scroll down, or you can copy the URL below into your browser bar):
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whatsnew/06182015.html#analytics__features_analytic...

Scroll down to the fourth line of the table, and this is what I found:

Processing rules limit increase

The number of processing rules allowed has been increased from 100 to 150. Additionally, the allowed size of the processing rule XML has been increased to 4 MB (from 65 KB). This size change prevents an error that was being issued when the XML limitation was exceeded.

I don't see any updates in Release Notes after June 2015 changing these limits.  If anyone else can find anything more recent, please let me know.

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi Jeff,

As per my knowledge, we can create a max of 30 rules and each rule can have up to 50 conditions.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Actually, I think I may have found the answer.  The Adobe documentation is difficult, at best, to search, but I used the terms "processing rules limits" and found this page (if you simply click the link below, it will take you to the very top of the release notes page; you'll need to click the link on the page for Analytics and then scroll down, or you can copy the URL below into your browser bar):
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whatsnew/06182015.html#analytics__features_analytic...

Scroll down to the fourth line of the table, and this is what I found:

Processing rules limit increase

The number of processing rules allowed has been increased from 100 to 150. Additionally, the allowed size of the processing rule XML has been increased to 4 MB (from 65 KB). This size change prevents an error that was being issued when the XML limitation was exceeded.

I don't see any updates in Release Notes after June 2015 changing these limits.  If anyone else can find anything more recent, please let me know.

Jeff Bloomer