Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Min Max in Adobe Report

Level 2

Hi,

I just wanted some brief clarity over finding min max and how Dimension data is collected. In my example, I have a tracking call that passes an item name and numeric value that is then stored into the Dimension and Metric respectively. The report Freeform table would look like this:

DimensionMetricOccurencesMetric / Occurences (Avg)
Item 11243
Item 2313
Item 3522.5

From the report, you can see Metric gives the total sum of each numeric value passed for that item. It is easy to find the average across occurrences of the item. Again, it is easy to find the min max of any of the columns. However, let's say I wanted to find the min max of Item 1's numeric values, or find the min max across all items' numeric values. Is this possible with the current structure?

I assume it is not since Adobe stores each numeric value as a running sum under Metric. Therefore, I would have to create a unique Dimension for each item, and the "items" would be each instance of numeric value.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi @ElliotSi ,

I can't think of a way to create calculated metric given this data. However, you can try exporting the data through Data Feeds and extract the dimension min value through hit level data.

Best,
Isha