Expand my Community achievements bar.

MIgrating from Adobe Analytics to CJA - Report Builder

Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert old RB reports so that they run on CJA RB?  I am guessing not but I thought I'd ask before we start the process of building everything from scratch as we migrate across.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Adobe Champion

I do not believe there is any way to migrate from Adobe Analytics to CJA Report Builder, since one is an Excel Plugin and the other is built on AEP, though you can have data blocks from both in your spreadsheet at the same time, which might help with being able to reference the old version while building the new one?

Community Advisor

@Neil_McDonald1 From everything I'm seeing, I highly doubt it, because we're connecting to a completely different source I don't think it's possible.  I hate to say it, but it looks like rework has to be a "thing."   Hey, it's Excel, though.  Some people out there with some VB development chops may come up with some fancy macros to handle things.

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

While it is not ideal to have to rebuild everything, sometimes this provides the opportunity to review what you have, make it better / more efficient...  

Not much of a silver lining, I know...  but it does make sure that the reports are working as intended after being reviewed and re-built.