Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Issue confirming Adobe Analytics tracking is working when fired from an AEP configuration for Android

Level 1

We have recently started updating the Adobe Mobile SDK libraries for our Android App test build to use the AEP SDKs. We configured AEP with the extensions we need(Adobe Analytics, Mobile Core, Profile and AEP Assurance) and updated all of the code with our Android app. We are not using any schemas, so the app has been build using the Adobe Analytics extension. 

From the app, we connected to Assurance, and we are able to see each Adobe Analytics event that we are expecting to see, so we can tell that from the app to AEP, the calls are working and being captured as expected. 

In Assurance, we can also see that the post-processed status is green showing that the AEP to Analytics connection is working as expected also, as all the information needed was pulled with no errors (processing rules etc)

However, as part of our QA, we want to be able to confirm that the data we're seeing in AEP Assurance, lines up with what we're seeing in Adobe Analytics. Looking at our dev report suite in Adobe Analytics, we are unable to see any data from our AEP Assurance tests in order to confirm that everything is working. 

I know that we have a debug flag set to true as we can see that within the AEP Assurance calls, so could it be that this flag stops data from being fully processed into Adobe Analytics? Or is there another step that we might have missed in verifying that we've configured everything correctly?

Thank you for any help you can provide! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So you are seeing post processed data? Are you just seeing a green status? Or are you actually seeing the post-processed data in the Analytics Events?

Are you sure the data isn't being sent to production instead of dev?

Unfortunately, I don't have any recent sessions handy to get screenshots of, but I test with AEP Assurance on our mobile implementation... so we should be able to figure this out together

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

This seems like a pretty technical question. @Krishna_Musku , any tips on to help @Lynchpin_RV1  ?

Community Advisor

I haven't worked on Adobe Mobile SDK. I know more on reporting side, but not on SDKs.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So you are seeing post processed data? Are you just seeing a green status? Or are you actually seeing the post-processed data in the Analytics Events?

Are you sure the data isn't being sent to production instead of dev?

Unfortunately, I don't have any recent sessions handy to get screenshots of, but I test with AEP Assurance on our mobile implementation... so we should be able to figure this out together